Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
They like the BACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

They like the BACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They like the BACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-18-2011, 07:04 AM

Default They like the BACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So............. I traveled to my DS & DDIL's for Christmas. Staying for 2 weeks.

Since I made a number of things for them that are Christmas related, they got presents ahead of time. One of the gifts was a tree skirt, made using the 9 degree wedge ruler, with 2 fabrics for each wedge. (I'll have to remember to take a photo for all of you)

This takes time to make........... the PRECISE cutting, sewing....... you all know. So, while still at home I'm up burning midnight oil trying to get this last gift finished, and do. I proudly give it to them last night after we all finished trimming the Christmas tree and they just LOVE IT................. only, what they love is the BACK SIDE!!!!

All I can do is smile and shrug my shoulders to myself. I explained that the "right" side is made up of 80 pieces of fabric, sewn together to equal 9 degree wedges and then sewn together to make a 360 degree circle. They "oohed and ahhed" over that explanation, said it was pretty and then put the skirt under the tree.......... backing up!!!

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Incredible. Now I'm afraid to give them the spiral table topper, as they might like the solid backing on that too!
Old 12-18-2011, 07:07 AM

Where are the pictures!!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

Oh my , at least you picked a great backing fabric!!
Old 12-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

Kids! Maybe they're just protecting the top side by keeping the tree from dropping needles all over it?
Old 12-18-2011, 08:00 AM

I also made a quilt for a friend where she loves the back more than the front! At least she loves some part of it!! LOL
Old 12-18-2011, 08:14 AM

I'd love to post a pic, but have tried several times and get a message that says my attempt has failed. So sorry.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:46 AM

Pic please??? J J
Old 12-18-2011, 08:59 AM

I made a patriotic wall hanging for friends and when I visited it was hung showing the back. She thought I had used leftover pieces to make the back-really the front. A decorative rod through the hanging sleeve didn't look to bad, luckily I had picked a very nice patriotic backing. I told her that was the back but if she liked it better to leave it that way. Once its given away you don't have control.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:17 AM

Be happy they are using it, many write that they get comments and the item never gets used. At least you know it was made with love and was accepted that way too.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

Goes to show that one can't predict what others will like!
At least you are going with the flow and not throwing a hissy-fit over what they have "done" to you tree skirt ... and letting it spoil Christmas for all.
Good luck with your spiral .... they may surprise you.

And too, remember in years to come they may change and say OMG the back/front side is a beauty and reverse their usage.