Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
They used them!!!! >

They used them!!!!

They used them!!!!

Old 07-06-2012, 10:03 AM

I am so glad to read that your quilts are being used. That is what I want for my quilts. I just got back from visiting my aunt and found the dishcloths I had crocheted for her in a drawer because they "were too pretty to use." I took them out and used them all week. She said she will continue to use them - YEAH! I told her that everytime she uses one she can think of me - and that's the best compliment!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by jfowles View Post
I'm thrilled to say that a number of my quilts were used this past week for a family reunion, from covering picnic tables to throwing on the ground for supper and fireworks. There was some oohing and awing and concern that they would get dirty (heaven forbid) but I am so glad to see them used. Whether on a picnic table, the ground or wrapped around someone, that's what it is all about for me. The delicate ones I keep home but most are for general use and I love seeing them used!

^5 to your family!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:37 AM

I give all my quilts with the notice they are to be used and used and used----and if they wear out I will replace it! Am close to that with my youngest grandson-his is very thin and becoming threadbare! I would gladly let the dogs use them inside the house--they need love too!
Old 07-06-2012, 11:40 AM

I just love it when I go to my kids homes and the quilts I have made for all of them are on their beds. Or the kids have them out on the sofa or the floor laying with them watching tv. I told the kids, if they wear them out, I'll make them a new one!!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:28 PM

I made comforter type (tied with extra batting) for my nephews when they got bunk beds in their rooms about 20 years ago. One of my nephews is now 25 and married for a year. That quilt is one thing he took with him to his new home. Drags it all over during the winter cause it's "nice and soft and warm"! Sounds good to me!!!! Use it!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by kmprshnin View Post
Let me tell you about a quilt that was really used and I was so glad. .

Unfortunatley she passed away at the age of 23 from an asthema attack ( she has been gone 19 years now) The next morning I looked out the back door and saw the tattered quilt draped over the lounge she had left out...I was so glad she got to enjoy her quilt so much. So when I give a quilt to someone I am so glad they get to use it before their time is up.

Linda L
I'm so sorry you lost your daughter, but it is sweet to hear theat seeing her tattered quilt gave you some comfort.
Maire
Old 07-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

Sorry, I only want my quilts used in the house and not on the floors and not tugged and pulled on. I don't like pets lying on them either. Of course, most people do not appreciate the work and time that goes into them. That is just the way I feel about them.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:56 PM

I'm so glad to see all the responses about using quilts. I kinda felt the way Jingle did at first, because I hand quilt and after taking a year of my life to make one, I sure would be hurt to see it abused. But abuse is different than use. It reminds me of my mother's china. My brother gave it to her after he returned from Viet Nam. She seldom ever took it out of the china cabinet because it was 'too nice' to use everyday and when there was a holiday with lots of people, she resorted to Chinette dosposible plates to cut down on the dish washing. She was so afraid that a plate would get chipped or a cup broken. When she passed away, my brother took it. If he had not, it would have wound up being sold in the estate sale. Everything we own should be enjoyed and used by us.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:32 PM

I will post a picture of my granddog and her quilt.[ATTACH=CONFIG]347219[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]347220[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails ripley-enjoying-her-quilt-2.jpg   ripley-enjoying-her-quilt.jpg  
Old 07-06-2012, 07:35 PM

I want mine to be used. I sure had a pallet in the floor for my kids to play on when they were little. And, I've layed on a few of them myself to sunbathe and picnic.