Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Think I killed my sewing machine

Sorry to heard about your miss adventures but really glad you were able to fix the machine. Happy sewing.

Yeah for you! Sometimes just walking away for a while is the best thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
    Fixed it..walked away from it for about an hour....and went back and rethreaded it.....another new needle....and it works and sews again! YAY!!!!
    Congratulations! You did good!

Blog Entries
    This is a good reason to have a second machine. You feel bad when one stops working but you know you have a back up. I got two of my machines for $20 each and one for $5 (wasn't working - needed a part $6+ = less than $12). I use the extra to take to classes I teach and if I find someone that needs one and can't afford it - I gift them one. I love to see someone get the quilting bug.
    TwandasMom

I am not a happy camper at the moment....I went to sew today and the first thing I did was break a needle....and now it will not hold a stitch...and it will not pick up the bobbin thread....I have a Janome quilters companion 6019 anyone have suggestions on what it could be. I have taken off the plate and cleaned it out...there was lots of dust bunnies living in there....
    Ok I have done this and I am sorry if this has already been posted by I can not read all there is. But first off get all those bunnies out of there and go to the Janome site and see if there is a troubleshooting section and if you can download. How to time your machine if not contact the company and see if there is one available or google a Janome group and see if there is some one in that group that does that and has a tutorial.
    I got one for my Singer and I do all the cleaning and DH does all the timing once he learned how to do that he can now do it for all my machines, they are all pretty much the same. If this is still not available to you, email me privately with Machine Timing in the sub line and I will help you out.
    Good Luck
    Johanna S
    Las Vegas

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Fixed it..walked away from it for about an hour....and went back and rethreaded it.....another new needle....and it works and sews again! YAY!!!!
    awesome...must have been the quilting fairy tellin you that you needed a break!

Jim
    Glad you got yours fixed..I killed mine on Sunday...went looking tonight for a new one but gonna look some more. I loved that machine so, probably gonna buy a newer model of same brand
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

Blog Entries
    I am not a happy camper at the moment....I went to sew today and the first thing I did was break a needle....and now it will not hold a stitch...and it will not pick up the bobbin thread....I have a Janome quilters companion 6019 anyone have suggestions on what it could be. I have taken off the plate and cleaned it out...there was lots of dust bunnies living in there....
    Timing! Sorry it sounds like what my Pfaff does if I break a needle. Sounds like a trip to see Dr. Sewing Machine

glad you have your machine working again.

Good advice and glad it worked!

Blog Entries
    WOW ....SO GLAD YOUR MACHINE IS UP AND RUNNING AGAIN. how scary that had to of been. MY GOODNESS. I'd probably have been pacing the floor. ggl

Great news, Seg, glad you got it working again. Sometimes our machines are very temperamental.
    Save the Earth!

Itís the only planet with Chocolate.

Check to see if there is a burr (rough place) on the bobbin case. If there is you might be able to smooth it with a piece of emery paper. If that doesn't work, you may need to take the machine in to your dealer for repair.

Just read the rest of the messages and see that you are sewing again. Glad you got it to work.

i had a similar issue with my machine not catching a stitch, or it would stitch a few and then break the top thread. frustrated i left it alone and sewed all weekend on my back up machine...when i was thinking about it yesterday i realised all the bad things happened when after i changed the needle ...turns out i put the needle in the wrong way... maybe check to make sure the needle is facing the proper way?

Blog Entries
    Is the needle in the correct way? Also, change the thread and bobbin thread. My Janome doesn't like when I break a needle, sometimes, I change everthing, and tell my girl that I am sorry.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

Glad to hear your machine is working again.

My Viking started doing what you describe and I took it in. They had to re-center the needle. I think I've had them do that before. I'm kind of rough on my machines. Mine is computerized. With cleaning, checking over and adjusting it cost about $80 and took about a week.
    Lenette

Good advice!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2