Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thinking ahead to UEFA 2012 to be held in Poland Ukraine and quilts >

Thinking ahead to UEFA 2012 to be held in Poland Ukraine and quilts

Thinking ahead to UEFA 2012 to be held in Poland Ukraine and quilts

Old 04-28-2011, 11:47 PM

I was wondering if any of you have any ideas for "patriotic" quilts using other countries' colors and the theme of soccer (it's called football or 'futbal' here in Europe/Poland).

I was thinking...since we are right here close..maybe there would be a chance to sell a few quilts with this theme here in Europe on auction sites when the "fever" hits--, but I was thinking something easy, yet with the different countries' colors. The biggest disadvantage is that the soccer tournament is in June of 2012--not a big time to sell quilts because of the weather.

BUT...

Have any of you seen such a quilt, and if so, where? It is kind of hard to express what I'm thinking about, but a lady posted a "patriotic log cabin" a few days ago that was wonderful! I'm thinking something along those lines--maybe possibly using a soccer themed fabric as the centerpiece and then the country's colors around it as the logs.

Does anyone have any ideas? It can't be too complicated, however, as these aren't meant to be 'masterpieces' or heirloom quilts with lots of applique, etc. That would make them too expensive and labor intensive.

It's been niggling at the back of my mind, but haven't taken the time to seriously get busy on it since we don't yet know the teams that will participate.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:53 AM

Since Poland's flag is red and white even horizontal strips, what about something like a rail fence with these 2 colors.

You could add the date with the center block also. Still learning EQ ( :oops: ) and couldn't figure out how to do it. :D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-190561.jpe  
Old 04-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Since Poland's flag is red and white even horizontal strips, what about something like a rail fence with these 2 colors.

You could add the date with the center block also. Still learning EQ ( :oops: ) and couldn't figure out how to do it. :D
Wow, I love your design!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Power Poster

Awesome design, it would easy lend itself to any color scheme too :D:D:D

Maybe advertise them as light weight summer quilts? Use flannel as batting?