Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thread Magic Product >

Thread Magic Product

Thread Magic Product

Old 01-22-2016, 08:52 PM

I've used Thread Heaven, but prefer the beeswax. I tried Thread Heaven again, just yesterday, and it made my thread a static-electricity mess.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:24 AM

Thread Heaven and similar products are very popular with cross stitchers too....I use it when doing applique and all other kinds of hand needlework.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:23 AM

I, too have been a user of Thread Heaven for years. Used to use it for beading projects also. I don't think I would use it to run through my machines though, only for hand sewing.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:19 AM

I've just started using the Thread Magic and I really like it. I can't really tell any difference in the Tread Magic and Thread Heaven. I've never tried anything on my machine for fear of messing up gears some way.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:36 AM

I use Thread Heaven when hand quilting and much prefer it to beeswax. Have never found a need to use anything on machine thread.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Texas_Sue View Post
I've just started using the Thread Magic and I really like it. I can't really tell any difference in the Tread Magic and Thread Heaven. I've never tried anything on my machine for fear of messing up gears some way.
I think the big difference is the packaging. Thread Magic has those nice slots to pull the thread thru instead of pressing the thread into the lubricant. like Thread Heaven. It seems harder to find the Thread Magic, at least in my immediate area. I use it more for threading my needles on my Innova than threading the machine. It works well for keeping the thread together.

I also use it for thread for my hexies. Otherwise, not in my machines.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:07 AM
Power Poster

Sewer's Aid is pure silicone. It is the same stuff in the expensive hair serums for frizzy hair. LOL. Also the same lubricant the no oil machines have embedded in the machine gears. I've seen machine techs add a drop to the tension discs to lubricate the discs and feed dogs. A few tiny drops down the length of the spool of thread is lubricating your machine guides to smooth the thread delivery.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

I have used it all; Thread Heaven, Magic, and beeswax. If it's there and I think about it I use it. My machines do just fine. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:21 PM

Never anything like that nor have I used beeswax - will have to give it a try on hand stitching as I also like to longer lengths.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:57 PM

Thread Heaven is well, heavenly... I do a lot of hand applique, embroidery, piecing, quilting. It has made all of them so much easier. I actually bought a 2nd one in case I ran out of the 1st one...but the 1st one is still going strong.
I also have beeswax, didn't like it nearly as much..it's too hard and doesn't seem to coat the thread as well. Of course if we all liked the same things, how dull would this world be??
Lastly, check around, as $9.99 seems high. Or use a coupon and get it on sale.
Regards,
Kif