Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Thrift Store goodies!

Blog Entries

Thrift Store goodies!

Stopped at local thrift store today and got some goodies. I got two Americana vest panels and one halloween vest panel and a bunch of puppy print scraps. I will use fussy-cut blocks from panels for quilts and wall hangings. (all are in dryer now)

Good for you. Would love to see pictures.

Blog Entries
    Need to dry and iron them and try pics. Didn't mention that only paid $2!

Blog Entries
    good score
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Found some nice 8-10 cotton sheets and other fabrics today. Total $40!!

I recently ventured in to the local Goodwill and was surprised to see all the fabric for sale (had no idea they sold fabric!). I bought probably 10-15 yards (or more) of quality fabric for only $5. $5 TOTAL. I plan to visit all the thrift stores in the area to see if I can find more!
    Pfaff Ambition 1.0
    Pfaff Performance 5.0

mine never have any
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

I love seeing good stuff being used instead of thrown away. My thrifts are hit or miss. I was lucky to find a new in the box pink Sidewinder for $5. I need one (missing screw that holds the bobbin winder on my treadle) and was thrilled to not have to pay full price.

I went to a yard sale on Saturday and got several things for $1. There was a Christmas throw, a pink blanket that I'll wash and give to the homeless when it cools down, a few articles of clothing for my granddaughters, a board game and best of all....a huge piece of yellow fabric w/John Deere tractors on it and a twin Tinkerbell sheet that will be perfect for backing!!!! All that for $1!!!! Diannia
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!

I have cut back on my Thrift store shopping as I am running out of room for more fabric! But it is hit or miss here and too many thrift stores to visit them all. A new Goodwill branch just opened up near me. I have yet to check it out.

I have been collecting XL to XXL men's Hawaian shirts for awhile and am looking for a fun pattern to use them.
    Lisa

They seem to be hit or miss in my area as well.

great find!!

My older sister went to the Good Will store last summer and found a whole bunch of fabric marked 5 cents for each piece! Although some of the pieces were rather small, a lot of them were rather big pieces (1 - 3 yds or more each)! To say the least, she bought about $5 worth of fabric that day, but actually bought around 20 yds!

Neat. I had so much fun going into thrift stores while we were in the states looking for fabric. I have challenged myself to use up some fabric into something "pretty" out of about $2.00 worth of thrift store scraps that I found. (They were fill a bag of scraps for $.50).

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    mine never have any
    Same here.....I need to try a different location.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pennycandy View Post
    I love seeing good stuff being used instead of thrown away. My thrifts are hit or miss. I was lucky to find a new in the box pink Sidewinder for $5. I need one (missing screw that holds the bobbin winder on my treadle) and was thrilled to not have to pay full price.
    I found one too at a yard sale last Sat. Brand new in the box, never even opened. It was the pink limited edition with a price tag of $34.95 on it. "I paid $1 for it". Also got a black plastic 9 drawer cabinet for $5 with 20 spools of brand new Floriani Decorative embroidery thread in one of the drawers and about 15 small spools brand new Sulky threads in another drawer and several hand made lace doilies in another drawer. Couldn't pass it up for $5.

Power Poster
    Don't you just love a good thrift store find......

Blog Entries
    I finally got a good score at the local Salvation Army yesterday. I love working with wool but it is so expensive so I go to the thrift stores and purchase mens jackets and cut them up, yesterday they had a half off on all green tags and I spent under $5.00 for a man's sport coat and a ladies blazer. First time I have ever gotten such a great deal and am very happy.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan