Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tilda Friends...clothing patterns >

Tilda Friends...clothing patterns

Tilda Friends...clothing patterns

Old 01-23-2022, 11:43 AM

Default Tilda Friends...clothing patterns

Tilda offers a series of patterns to make "Tilda Friends", cloth dolls based on animals. But I am having a terrible time tracking down the patterns for the Friends!

Has anyone out there made these dolls and have clothing patterns to share? I want to make a simple wardrobe that is easy for little fingers to put on the dolls, and as a quilter have limited garment sewing skills!

Here is the link to the Friends:
https://www.tildasworld.com/tilda-friends/
Old 01-23-2022, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by WesternWilson View Post
Tilda offers a series of patterns to make "Tilda Friends", cloth dolls based on animals. But I am having a terrible time tracking down the patterns for the Friends!

Has anyone out there made these dolls and have clothing patterns to share? I want to make a simple wardrobe that is easy for little fingers to put on the dolls, and as a quilter have limited garment sewing skills!

Here is the link to the Friends:
https://www.tildasworld.com/tilda-friends/
The patterns are on her website under the “free patterns” link. Scroll down as there are lots of quilt patterns as well. Here is the cow pattern (with overalls): https://www.tildasworld.com/wp-conte...s-Cow-free.pdf

I haven’t made any of her patterns but I think they are very cute!
Old 01-23-2022, 01:41 PM

Actually I made a composition error in my first post...it is only the *clothing* I am having trouble finding the patterns for!
Old 01-23-2022, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by WesternWilson View Post
Actually I made a composition error in my first post...it is only the *clothing* I am having trouble finding the patterns for!
If you look through the other free patterns, some of her friends (animals and dolls) have clothing in the pattern. The cow I linked above has the overalls, the cat has a dress, the bear has some shorts. All of the clothing, however, are intended as permanent, with it sewn closed on the friend or doll. You might be able to modify those patterns to so that the clothing is removable.
Old 01-23-2022, 07:34 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Tilda is a Norwegian fabric wholesaler. Maybe their US rep can provide more info.

Brewer Quilting & Sewing Supplies

Sales area: USA
3702 Prairie Lake Court
Aurora, IL 60504

Phone: 630-820-5695 / 800-676-6543
Fax: 630-851-2136 / 800-216-2374
Old 01-23-2022, 07:45 PM

They're fairly new to the US. Might take a little time for them to gain a foothold. Here's their US website: https://www.tildafabricusa.com/
Old 01-24-2022, 07:08 AM

I have sent enquiries about where to find the clothing patterns. Will post if I get any replies!

It would be nice if the Tilda Friends page included links to clothing patterns. It seems that was once their intention, but perhaps this is another casualty of the pandemic!
Old 01-24-2022, 01:21 PM

This is a result of a search for Tilda doll clothes patterns. Most are just photos on Pinterest, which you may or may not be able to follow far enough to find the actual location of the pattern. However, sometimes, you can. . I found a couple on etsy. I bet there are some tutorials on youtube.com.
bk
Old 01-24-2022, 01:26 PM
Power Poster

To make that elastic neck dress, try laying the doll down and drawing a loose shape around it for clothing. Then sew up and sew elastic into the neck. The dress looks very simple.