Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tim, where are you?

At least we finally got Tim to crawl out of his hole and talk to us.

Tim,

I believe you may be a trifle confused on the definition of an easy quilt. Especially for a 12 year old girl, unless she is one of the few that actually appreciates hand made as opposed to mall bought gifts.

Rail fence, easy
    Basket weave, easy
    4 patch, easy
    9 patch, easy.

Log cabin, can be done easily, though I have not mastered it yet.

Double Irish Chain.....I'm thinking you were drinking too much Irish Coffee while contemplating and easy Irish quilt for her!!!

Glad to see you back, if only for a bit.

Melissa

Blog Entries
    true enough ... not a "logical" choice of pattern with so little time to **nish. but you have to admit it shows how much he loves his little girls.

i think i'll praise him for that. :P

but he still hasn't paid up so the toe stays on ice.
    8)

what kind of toe are we talking about here? did tim really lose his. if so owww i'm so sorry for you.

Thats why he wasn't talking! He is hunting a replacemtn as we speak :!: :wink:

what was the lastest offer to get his toe back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ceannastahr
    what was the lastest offer to get his toe back.
    a few hundred Half-Square Triangles, 2 cases of coke, and some hot pink thread.

but he keeps forgetting i want DIET coke and he keeps whining about wanting to see his toe first. he tests my patience.

all i can say is ... he's lucky toes don't have ears.
    8)

Quote Originally Posted by mpeters1200
    At least we finally got Tim to crawl out of his hole and talk to us.

Tim,

I believe you may be a trifle confused on the definition of an easy quilt. Especially for a 12 year old girl, unless she is one of the few that actually appreciates hand made as opposed to mall bought gifts.

Rail fence, easy
    Basket weave, easy
    4 patch, easy
    9 patch, easy.

Log cabin, can be done easily, though I have not mastered it yet.

Double Irish Chain.....I'm thinking you were drinking too much Irish Coffee while contemplating and easy Irish quilt for her!!!

Glad to see you back, if only for a bit.

Melissa
    Well yeah. I have 15 7x7 blocks to make, 7 are already done, it takes me about 45 minutes to finish each one. (I am taking my time and making sure the checker board pattern lines up). Then there are 15 setting squares, I suspect they will be about 20 minutes each. 60 or so HST for the boarder, and then the top is done. After that, I found a nice fabric for the back, sew it on and start quilting. Probably just do the major seams in the ditch, then do a diamond hatch for all them squares.

It's in the bag. It's the other quilts that are being neglected. Not a problem if I don't start anything else... Winter don't come for quite awhile. It's not like this is Butte or anything. I do sort of have a deadline for Homeward Bound... It's next to be finished.

And the quilt selection.. My 12 YO will appreciate it. She is not a mall rat. She is a history nut! She recently got her first pair of blue jeans. I don't know where that reluctance came from since her Mom and I both wear Jeans all the time.

tim in not cold san jose

I still think that you should perhaps consume less Irish Coffee. Hee Hee.

I did start a new project. I can't believe I was thinking of your feet at the time. But all I had in my head were the feet on top of the quilt in your avatar thing.

So I hunted up a pattern with appliqued hands and am adding a pair of feet to the bottom. Should be tre cute. WHENEVER I CAN GET THIS STUPID TOP DONE!!! It's seems simple enough, but I was unaware of an aversion to randomness. Had a little help with someone who loves to do "random crap" as she calls it. Now if I could just get the pitter patter of 6 feet to knock it off so I could have some quality time with my machine....

More grumbling.

Maybe I should send it to Tim.

He seems to have an easy button.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2