Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
timd to come clean >

timd to come clean

timd to come clean

Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 PM

Hi, I am another Linda with the same problem. With so many Linda's in this circle, could it be the name that is causing the problem? So maybe it is our parents fault we have this problem. Whenever My DD#1 asks me to go to a clothing store, she asks if I would like to go fondle fabric as she needs a new outfit. I have as much as bumped into some one just so I can put my hand on their shoulder or arm just to touch the fabric. Thought I was strange, but now think it is cause my name is Linda.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:27 PM

Well i have been out of touch for awhile. What a hilarious thread.my poor mother and now any one who shops with me knows if i cant stand to touch it i does come off the rack either for me or whoever i"m with....i touch every fabric im drawn too too funny too funny and i have lovely fabric at my house.well i guess i am a fondler oh dear
Old 01-28-2013, 10:52 PM

Last week I talked a Dr at work into giving me the shirt off his back (it was not too hard to do as he didn't like it much and his wife kept putting it back in his wardrobe so he kept wearing it). It was a tartan.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:04 AM

hello. my name is nancia and i have been brought up on charges of soliciting with intent to purchase, and excessive fondling in public. it will go on my permanent record if i am convicted. i am not allowed in 3 fabric stores in pennsylvania, and one in ohio. fabric fondlers aren't evil, we just love fabric, we'd never hurt the fabric, we love it, don't you understand?? i may be on the fabric molesters watch list and be banned from living within 500 feet of a lqs. when did my life press toward the dark side? i hst-itate to even look at pre-cuts-- so little, so sweet. and in the altogether. please! can't someone help me? i may have to rotary the threads that bind me to my addiction ! help
Old 01-29-2013, 01:22 AM

not me...... I do not fondle fabrics....... I maintain that I am a fabric rescue personel........ as I deal primarily with donate, goodwill, garage sale fabrics.......there fore I RESCUE FABRIC!!!

You should all resist temptation........ send me all your fabrics, large and small, charms, fat quarters and all.... save your self!!! send eveything to ME!!! giggle
:-)
Old 01-29-2013, 03:56 AM

HI I love you guys. You are a lot like me. I have a piece of material that has an ugly print that I can't use just because I love the way it feels. It lays on a trunk in the sewing room and I fondle it nearly day.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:29 AM

Hello my name is Elayne and I have been a fabric fondle r all my life. I love the textures and weights and colors of fabric. Some fabrics actually call to me from across the store. I will always love to fondle fabric but I am not a true collector I love to create with it then go on to another project.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:20 PM

LOL! I'm glad to be in such great company!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:42 PM

Hello, my name is Terina, and I am a fabric fondler too. I didn't know it was a disease until I read this thread! LOL Everywhere I go I "finger" the fabric and let it speak to me. My daughter gave me a bag of old clothes of hers and I went through it just touching the fabrics (she has excellent taste in clothes) and deciding if I could use in in quilting! I am still relatively new so my "stash" isn't like some of the pics of others on this board, but I have it sorted into baskets for projects and I have 1 basket with 3 fabrics I don't want to cut, because it just feels so smooth and good!
No hope.....just gonna have to keep fondling until I get it right!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Aunt Ralfie View Post
hello my name is Linda and i am a fabric fondler. I was a rural mail carrier for 30 yrs and part of that time I had a women on my route that had an on line sewing business. so about once a week when I would get to her mail box there would be a large bag hanging on the box with her scraps in it. I could hardly wait to get home dump them all out on the couch and just look and fondle.
I think this is just fabulous! So cool that she would leave her scraps out for you!

I do buy fabric online, from etsy, and from ladies here on the QB. When I get a squishy in the mail, I can't wait to rip it open and feel what I have bought. Whaen I buy fabric at LQS, as soon as I get home I have to dump everything out and fondle it because I restrained myself (somewhat) at the store. Is there anything in the world nicer than fabric? I think not.