Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Time To Smarten Up

Blog Entries
    I need a quick hostess gift & was in a quilt shop.Saw a sample table runner & bought the pattern.It looked like one I'd made yrs ago,but knew I no longer had the pattern.

So I'm looking on the board for batting suggestions in table runners,when lo & behold....there's a pic & tutorial of the very one I'd bought.

This pattern consists of a sheet of paper,with directions covering less than half of it & is copyrighted.Don't know how that works when its been a free pattern on line for many yrs.Oh,well doesn't matter.Just mad at myself because I didn't check patterns on here 1st, instead of after forking over $8.Time....for me.... to smarten up when it comes to buying quilt notions/patterns. :cry:

That's too bad that that happened to you. I've have found things on line for free also, then later on low and behold I see a pattern for sale.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    There's 2 sides to that coin!!
    I come here first before buying anything (except fabric) however I now own 2 Featherweights, and a couple of other machines I didn't know I "needed" until I caught the vintage machine bug from Billy and Charlee!! hahahaha
    This board is awesome!! I'm not complaining :D

I know just what you mean. My horizons had broadened and my stash has grown since being here. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    There's 2 sides to that coin!!
    I come here first before buying anything (except fabric) however I now own 2 Featherweights, and a couple of other machines I didn't know I "needed" until I caught the vintage machine bug from Billy and Charlee!! hahahaha
    This board is awesome!! I'm not complaining :D
    I'm with Susan...I look on here for info about anything sewing related, especially patterns. I find a lot of free patterns on the web and quilterscache.com is a great source for free block patterns :) I used to spend a lot of money on quilting books and magazines but never used any of the patterns. Now, I use my money more wisely (I hope!!). I also don't buy fabric just because I like it and think I'll use it later for a project. I accumulated fabric that way but haven't used a lot of it for years...YIKES!!