Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Time spent quilting. >

Time spent quilting.

Time spent quilting.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by countrycousin
Okay between the time you spend cleaning the house and taking care of family, how much time do you average on quilting?
Would coment, but a rachet jaw. But i do love to quilt. Because it relaxing, and fun. I don't think of it as work. That's not FUN
Old 10-06-2011, 04:30 AM

I have not had time for any quilting in the last few weeks. DH is an over-the-road trucker. So I have the house, yard, animals, 32 hr a week PT job and a small home biz. Some weeks around 10 hrs other weeks NONE! GGGGRRRRR...
Old 10-06-2011, 06:24 AM

I like your pattern Cajmk. I am using purple and white in mine. The alternate block will be a berry print.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:05 PM

somebody comes to clean the house only thing i clean my cats and start cooking at 4 quilt when I want because there is always yoyo days ( you on your own ) for hubby and 21 year old
Old 10-07-2011, 09:45 AM

Some days I'm at it ALL Day. Lol. Started quilting in January of this year and have completed 10 so far. 3 baby, 3 twin, 1 full, 2 queen and 1 king. Oh, and have plans and fabric for 5 more right now. Have the 11th one on my wall and 1/3 of it pieced together. I think I'm addicted!!

Have learned so much from all the great quilters on the board, thank you so much, all of you!!!

HAPPY QUILTING
Old 10-07-2011, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by clsurz
Someone cleans my house, family takes care of themselves (only hubby and me), quilt whenever I want to.
Oh how i wish.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:58 AM

I have a great job as an RN and I have help with major cleaning (kitchen and baths) every other week, but cleanup is constant with 4 children (3 under 5). I think about quilting a lot so I'll take credit for that as "quilting". Actual fabric touching (cutting, ironing, piecing, etc.) is pretty slim these days...maybe 2-3 hours/week. I always have great plans to sew after the kids go to bed, but often pass out myself.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:42 PM

Reading about all of these talented people makes me wish I didn't have to sleep. :roll:
Old 10-13-2011, 03:04 PM

When I'm teaching f/t as in now where I'm writing the curriculum as I go - barely even walk into my quilt studio - except as a pass-thru to the laundry room on weekends. Lots of dust collecting. I was teaching f/t at the public HS last 3 qtrs of last year, before my DH died in May, but by the last semester had it down to where I could get in a few hours quilting a week - enuf to keep up w/a block of the month group here for the Farmer's Wife Sampler quilt and most of a Sunday on the long arm. Was getting comfortable enough w/the pantos to start doing long arm quilting for some of the ladies in our local guild as I'd made the decision to not teach f/t any more.

This quarter (starting Monday) I get to teach a Geometry as Art - Quilting/math class which I'm supposed to be designing the curriculum right now and here I am on this board playing catch up as I went on a road trip the past weekend. I will get to do some quilting as in teaching the students & getting something put together - but this job has my time sucked up so there's nothing left for me outside of it.

Waah! I'm supposed to be semi-retired & enjoying my quilting time now that the kids are basically grown & doing their own thing & my time was getting to be my own... Well, I can look forward to two years from now when I can pull his retirement & put that plan in action.