Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tin Lizzie question ... trouble with the up down button >

Tin Lizzie question ... trouble with the up down button

Tin Lizzie question ... trouble with the up down button

Old 05-13-2021, 07:01 PM
Power Poster

Default Tin Lizzie question ... trouble with the up down button

Hello,

I am hoping that you can help me or give me some advice.

I have a Tin Lizzie 18 that I bought in 2007. My up down button will not go up and or down.

I have the white control box on the front with the up down button and the button to switch from regular or stitch control stitches.

I have what looks like a ribbon going from that control box to the back box. ( This has a large fold in it where it was placed in the box)

My stitch regulator switch appears to be working. Just not the up down switch.

I am not sure what I will have to replace. Can you advice me what to do to figure out my issue.
Thank you
Old 05-16-2021, 04:54 PM

I can't answer your question, but there are user groups for Tin Lizzie on Facebook - maybe try one of those?
Old 05-17-2021, 05:17 AM

I would try contacting the Tin Lizzie support phone or email. This manual for your machine is dated Jan 2008 so the info may be out of date, but it does have a telephone number on the front of it. . https://cdn.sewingmachinesplus.com/m...ual_Feb_08.pdf

Did a little more research. This may have more current info. http://www.locksmithlizzie.com/pages/products.html

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 05-17-2021 at 05:20 AM.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:44 AM
mkc

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
I would try contacting the Tin Lizzie support phone or email.

Did a little more research. This may have more current info. http://www.locksmithlizzie.com/pages/products.html
Yup - Tin Lizzie went out of business a few years ago. Locksmith Lizzie is a new company supposedly started by a family member and might be a resource.
Old 05-17-2021, 03:51 PM
Gay

I doubt if locksmithlizzie is viable either. The tin lizzies and accessories were bought out by Eclipse Quilting in Utah - they have a page on Facebook. That may be the best way to contact them. A phone number is supplied there, and they travel around quite a lot, maybe to your area too. I seems to me there may be a loose wire in the box on the handlebar.
Old 05-18-2021, 04:07 AM

Contact Ammon Floyd. He's the son of Ernie Floyd and Ernie was the original owner of TL. I just received my main box back from Ammon with a new main board. The cost was $400 which is very reasonable.

Floyd's Sewing Repair

2263 West 7800 South

West Jordan, UT 84088

801-255-4130

floydssewingrepair.com
Old 05-18-2021, 10:26 AM

I can't figure out how to post an attachment..but if you have your original manual, look in the part about oiling..there will be a pic showing the oiling points on the side of your machine marked with red dots, it also has 2 other arrows pointing to 2 more oiling points..for some reason TL marked all of their oiling points in red except those 2..you need to oil the other 2 oiling points, then run your machine slowly without the needle for a couple of minutes..repeat a few times and it should fix you right up ! The up/down button just doesn't have enough oomph to lift or lower the foot when those spots get dry..I've seen this on half a dozen tin lizzies..I guess it says something that it takes decades to cause a problem, but they should have made it more clear in their instructions, most people miss it.