Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tip of the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
    Oh, Leah! You had me in stitches! lol I love a good laugh and must say I needed that. I just stepped away from my tangle of threads and a machine that some crazy person put the program buttons on just below my right arm, and I've spent much of today tearing out stitches in my quilting! I may NEVER get this quilt done, but will heed your warning and not try micro stippling. I HAVE been thinking of trying pebbling, after watching...OH, NO...a youtube video! LOL
    Well I'm right there with ya, with my ripper in hand. I've been working on piecing today and its been one of those days where you lay it out and something happens between the layout and stitching...It may be that I took Sew4nin advice...LOL Glad I could make you laugh!

In a word.....wine!

I was just going thru some of my books tonight to get some new ideas when I read the tip about singing or humming to keep from tensing up. Now I will have to send everyone outside so they don't lay down and laugh themselves silly because of my singing. I am so bad I know that music lessons won't even help me.

Quote Originally Posted by sew4nin View Post
    I recommend wine. Whenever I am doing FMQ and find that I am not breathing and my shoulders are scrunched into my ears, I discover that I need to be drinking a little more wine. There is a fine line between too much and too little, but if you are careful wine can make you relax just enough
    Ha! I was going to recommend a little Bailey's in your coffee.... but the wine sounds much better!! I guess glass should be not too big or the microstipling could become macrostipling and that would not be good....
    -Chris-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blessed are the children of quilters, for they shall inherit the quilts....

It does not do well, Harry, to dwell on the dreams....and forget to live. - Albus Dumbledore

Quote Originally Posted by sew4nin View Post
    I recommend wine. Whenever I am doing FMQ and find that I am not breathing and my shoulders are scrunched into my ears, I discover that I need to be drinking a little more wine. There is a fine line between too much and too little, but if you are careful wine can make you relax just enough
    Ditto!!! Wine works that way with a lot of things - when you work out that fine line between too little and too much. Just kind of smooths things over!
    Dawn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2