Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: TL JUKI 98Q - Sandy63

Unhappy TL JUKI 98Q - Sandy63

I have just purchased a TL JUKI 98Q sewing machine along with a B Line quilting table. When I start using it the bobbin thread goes all wonky. I've got my tension knob set at about 2.5. Also my needle keeps breaking can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I would really appreciate it.

Blog Entries
    Well, the bobbin thread going wonky makes me wonder if it's wound/threaded properly, and you may need to adjust the bobbin tension in addition to the top tension. But the needle breaking is a huge red flag to me. If it's not hitting something, it could mean the timing is off. Did you buy it new? If so, I'd return it to the dealer immediately and ask them to fix it.

The needle may not be "seated" properly( pushed up all the way to a built in needle stop). Remove , get a fresh needle. make sure the needle is pushed up to the stop. Rethread entire machine ( including bobbin) , following the owners manual. Just an FYI my machine tension is 4, so you may have to play with the tension to find out what is best.

Also if you have broken a needle , a small bit of it may be stuck in bobbin area somewhere.

Blog Entries
    A friend with her Juki had to put those fabric washer in the bobbin. Try and see if it helps . She did not need to alter any tension.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Hi Sandy, I have a silly question. Did you remember to raise your thread stand??
    I often forget, and the machine sure lets me know..

Get out the manual and read it until you know what it says. Follow all the instructions. I set my top tension according to how the stitches look. For FMQ I set it at 2.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.