Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow Saturday 3/18, Is National Quilting Day

Tomorrow Saturday 3/18, Is National Quilting Day

Anybody doing anything quilty tomorrow? I'm going to try to spend most of the day working on a quilt. Youngest DGS has a concert in the evening.

Power Poster
    ​There are free shows and prizes to enter for this weekend on The Quilt Show site. I may watch a few of the shows.

Blog Entries
    Tomorrow is our guild meeting. Then I'll be sewing in the afternoon.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Thanks for the heads up on the free shows Tartan. I'll be working on a UFO art quilt.

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158.1914/ 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s

DD and I are taking DGD to work and then going to LQS. After coming home, I'll work on getting my 2017 temperature quilt up to date. Then I'll work on my Kimberbell pillow covers.

I am going to spend some time on my appliqué quilt. I can't wait.

I sure hope that I can get some sewing done. I am working on my "itty bitty" blocks and have a lot cut out so if I can get to my project I will be happy camper.

Visiting a local group's show in Burlington NC then hopefully more work on my QAYG blocks for my Splendid Sampler Quilt. It's turning out very nicely
    Cathie in Ut
    Who tends to be like a bird who is distracted by sparkly and shiny things!

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    participating in a sew day with my guild.

I'm going to try out an Eversewn 20 and hope to buy it for my 2nd machine!

I will spend the day in my sewing room trying to finish up a quilt for a grandson's wedding April 8th. I think I can do it! It is a Blazing Star (Craftsy's BOM) and I am renting time on the longarm at the LQS. It is my first quilt on the machine. So far so good. If I can do a full day on National Quilting Day I should get it done.

I've got a binding to do on a king-sized log cabin. I'm waiting for a quilt to be done at the long armers and wish I could get that back. It's for my cousin's birthday, which was today. She knows it's coming and is being very nice about the fact it's going to be late. I also have a quilt for my DS I'd like to get started. Tomorrow would be a good day since it's a "quilting holiday". I might see what the LQS has going on too.
    Happy quilting everybody!

I'll be playing with my scraps, and sewing some crumb blocks. Maybe do some reorganizing, and/or sewing up Yellow Brick Road blocks.
    Happy stitching everyone!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I'm feeling cabin fever, between the weather and my foot injury. I'm going out in the morning to visit the LQS that got run into by a drunk driver a couple weeks ago. Then I'm coming home to watch my cousin's memorial service being streamed at 2pm .

Blog Entries
    Quilter's Day Out -- Lexington, KY
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Blog Entries
    Working on En Provence. Goal is to complete clue # 1.

I'll be catching up on one of my club's BOM and then I'm goint to start working on Lisa Bongean's Triangle Gatherings. I just found out about it and they already have 21 blocks made so far and I have a lot of catching up to do. They are just the cutest blocks and are paper pieced. Can't wait to get started. Any one interested, you can find out more over at her blog on Primitive Gatherings website. Also, is anyone here doing the Moda Blockheads BOW? They have been fun so far (just 2 weeks - just started).

I am attending a one day quilt retreat. Fun

As much as I want to quilt today I am spending the day cleaning my quilt studio. I am cutting my scraps into strips and squares instead of the "throw it in the box" I have been doing! Having work done on my LA Monday so I need to let it sit there idle.

South East Michigan...at the bottom of the thumb!
    Now that I have completed the embroideries for my Grandson's quilt, I will make the two remaining blocks and begin to sew it together. Has been months in the works!!! Can't wait to finish it.

Since it is raining here and I'm in a quilting mood lately, I'll be playing with fabric while watching "The Quilt Show".

I'm working on the Farmer's Wife Quilt - my first attempt at hand piecing. Also been going through my stash organizing. Telling myself to not start any more quilts until I finish some of my UFO's. Haven't quilted much in the last 5 years. Need to get back into it.
    Pat

Pfaff 7510, Viking Mega Quilter, Viking Quilt Designer II, Singer Treadle

http://craftypat.blogspot.com/

I would be nice to think I could get in some sewing today but I'm not holding my breath. I have another round of sashing to do on blocks and then put the top together. I could hope I'd get the fabric at least ironed?? And with luck, cut?? DH was rambling last night about going to NYC to meet up with a friend we've not seen in years, so I don't know. Still also have to catch up with another friend who's newest son's quilt has been done for months but we've not seen the friend to be able to gift it yet. The child might be in college by the time he gets his baby quilt!

I will be working on my "Pick Up Sticks" blocks. Not sure what I'm going to do with them, but I'm having fun making them!

And, if I get to the fabric store, I will pick up some brown fabric, (Can you believe I don't have ANY brown in my entire stash?!), so I can start a Spring wall hanging for work.

Watson

Blog Entries
    Going to finish a quilt top I started in a class I took at the Hampton
    Va quilt festival. Then taking one of my sewing machines for a yearly checkup. It is my favorite one so I will miss it.

I'm doing quilt demo's at the state historical museum today. My quilt buddy and I will be making folded coasters using our featherweights.
    I love my life!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast