Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Too dumb to EQ >

Too dumb to EQ

Too dumb to EQ

Old 01-07-2010, 02:54 PM

I have a masters degree and still found that I needed to read the directions (somethin I tend to NOT do :))
I got my EQ6 and actually read the book and did the lessons. To reiterate what I'd taught myself I went to a beginners class. This was basically what I had ready. I also watched the video lessons. I feel I'm quite fluent, but when I do something I haven't used in a while....BACK to the books :).
Old 01-07-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by shequilts
I'm an educated professional who cannot, for the life of me, work with this program. I bought it when EQ5 first came out and have never been able to use it. Has anyone, anywhere, had this problem? I'm beginning to think the big A is knocking on my door?
You might consider upgrading to version 6, as I have heard from many that it is much more user friendly than the previous versions. Also, you might consider an online class at Quilt University. I took one 4 week class and it helped immensely. Very affordable, too. If you're more hands on, you might check with your LQS to see if anyone there teaches it. Or, maybe you know someone that might be willing to do so out of the kindness of their heart. Lastly, you can always check the EQ Help on their site. They have numerous tutorials, videos and even a user forum which I've found very helpful when I'm totally baffled.

Please don't give up, tho. Just relax, take it a page at a time... Oh, and one more suggestion, you could even look into EQ Simplified, another book that some have found very helpful, too.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:16 PM

Thank you for making me feel not so dumb!! I've been working with this for about 10 days and can't get beyond lesson 3!!! I'll follow all your suggestions.

Thank you again!!
Old 01-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Power Poster

I don't have a degree in computers but I use to figure out new software programs IT stuck on our computers when I worked. First I click on everything clickable and see what it does and figure it out from there. EQ is very simple to use for me. I love it.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:41 PM

OK ladies, at least I know I'm not alone out here. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I guess it's going to be one page at a time, one skill at a time. I can only hope to find a copy of EQ for Dummies
(Does anyone know of an ugly EQ quilt contest?)
Old 01-07-2010, 03:42 PM

ALZHEIMER'S!! tee hee