Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tote Bag for a 1-year-old? >

Tote Bag for a 1-year-old?

Tote Bag for a 1-year-old?

Old 11-10-2010, 10:02 AM

My granddaughter will be a year old next month and I want to make her a personalized tote bag for her birthday. She absolutely LOVES books and going to the library, and my daughter mentioned that she would really love to have a tote bag to carry all of her library books in when they go. I've searched online but am also in the middle of working, and have not found exactly what I'm looking for. Does anyone know of a good free pattern online?

Thanks! :)
Old 11-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Power Poster

Maybe a simple little back pack? that way she won't be as apt to set it down on the wet ground :wink: :D:D:D
Old 11-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

there are patterns for ones with slots for crayolas and coloring books. could be also used for library books.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:33 AM

Please do NOT put her name on it, too many freaks out there. I think the backpack idea is good. That way she can feel good about having her own bag of goodies and have her hands free. Have fun making whatever you decide on.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by trif
Please do NOT put her name on it, too many freaks out there. I think the backpack idea is good. That way she can feel good about having her own bag of goodies and have her hands free. Have fun making whatever you decide on.
Absolutely, no names on bags or clothes. It's to bad we have those crazy's out there, but we don't need to help them. Her first initial would be ok, maybe.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene
Originally Posted by trif
Absolutely, no names on bags or clothes. It's to bad we have those crazy's out there, but we don't need to help them. Her first initial would be ok, maybe.
This one will have her name on it, but she's never out of her mother's sight. My daughter will actually be the one carrying the tote - no way could the baby carry it with books in it - so no danger. :)
Old 11-10-2010, 06:39 PM

You can put her name on it, but hidden on the inside so it can be identified as belonging to her. Never put them where anyone can see them when it's being worn by anyone. Like others have said, there are lots of freaks out there and we have to protect the kids.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:06 PM

How about a fuzzy bear on the outside with a heart that can be opened to show her name on the inside. My MIL's boss was in a store with child right by her. She picked up an item to look at and was going to ask her child about it only to find the child gone! She looked under the racks then got a sales person who called security. Security locked down the mall - they did find the child luckily in a bathroom left alone. The child's hair was cut and they had put a different top on. All those creeps have to do is see the name on the bag even if your daughter holds it to realize its her babys and not your daughter's. Also, what about when she's 2 or 3 and wants to be a "big" girl and carry her own bag like mom?
Old 11-10-2010, 07:12 PM
alimaui

Lots of great "recipes" here!

http://www.modabakeshop.com/search/l...%20and%20Totes

I would also vote for not putting the name on the outside!

Old 11-10-2010, 07:16 PM

I agree - skip the name, but maybe you could personalize it by appliquing her favorite toy (teddy bear, dolly, ballerina, whatever) on the bag to make it HERS.