Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: towa gauge

towa gauge

just got one and was wondering if any of you have one. mine is for class m bobbins and was wondering if you would share your thread settings. I have aurifill and glide thread thinking of getting some 60 weight to. thanks for any help.
    Judy

I do believe Superior's website has the recommended settings for their threads. You can probably compare weight and type and use similar settings.

Here it is
    https://vw-superiorthreads.storage.g...sion-guide.pdf

So Glide would be comparable to their magnifico.

with my HQ Fusion, I use 200 no matter what, and then adjust the top tension to balance. I got that from someone else and so far it's working well for me.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Mine came with my Bernina Q24. It is recommended for the Bernina that you set it at 220 which I do. I use Glide and Aurifil threads with no problems.

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    download Superior's guide--you can compare different brands to theirs and check the setting for long arm machines. You will be able to fine tune from that point on your machine--on mine I aim for 190-200

one of the things that really helped me when I got the towa gauge, I discovered that the five original bobbins that came with my machine did not spin freely. When put in the gauge, it would go between 200-300 as I pulled. All my later purchased bobbins (purchased from HQ also) were fine. I really liked those early bobbins as they were a bit heavier duty, so I used them all the time - no wonder tension was such a mystery for me!

Now I have them with my serger, to use as mini spools as needed.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

I just bought one too and the guide from Superior Threads is ok but we found that the thread I was using needed a size 14 needle and I use size 16. So it’s kinda like testing time. I think I’m going to write down my own chart for the various threads.