Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Traded to something not vintage, I'm pretty happy with my trade... >

Traded to something not vintage, I'm pretty happy with my trade...

Traded to something not vintage, I'm pretty happy with my trade...

Old 07-23-2013, 07:24 AM

Now that's a smart way to get what you want!! Have fun!!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:07 AM

Great rig. Great room. Great DH. Good things happen for good people so I'm guessing you're a good person! I love your set up. And Juki has maintained a very good reputation for years so nice work all around. Have fun. I'm looking forward to seeing your projects.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

What a fantastic barter you made. Bartering is a lost art, but in these harsh economic times we need to consider barter instead of cash. Works for me.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by momto5 View Post
Curtains? Oh yeah, the things I USED to have time to put up until I 1) Discovered quilting, and 2) Discovered that toppers and window blinds work ever so well together (and you don't have to worry about whether they match or not!). Enjoy your new machine and frame!
Hah! the only reason still bother with curtains is they block a little sound. Our neighbor likes to run his diesel truck all the time (like warming it up for 45 minutes at time. I think he's more scatterbrained than anything, but that bag of hammers isn't fun to listen to. Any amount of dampening is good. )

Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
Congratulations. Now we want to see some dynamic quilting.
Well, for now, I think I can only commit to mediocre. Soon though. Soon.

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
Ooooohhh sweet! Juki's are great and this one is on a frame. You did good because now you do not have to deal with many different people trying to sell your machines and you instantaneously got space again in your home. Ten feet is nice! Is there any way you can keep it set up that way? Stoke the fire a little less in that wood stove. Hahahaha
That was a huge plus for me. Most of the people who come to buy a machine from me want me to teach them to use it. Surprisingly, or maybe not, it's not just "how do I thread it", it's often "How do I use it", i.e teach me to sew. I spend way too many hours at that. I could be quilting!

I've been eyeballing the frame, and wondering if I'd get any more room by angling it into the corner more. I suppose there's a chance I could get the frame to move enough to put DHs chair back in place. That said, for the time being, I don't think I -need- the 10ft, but we'll see what happens come wood stove season. Perhaps by then, I will be making huge quilts. It could happen.

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
Now that's a smart way to get what you want!! Have fun!!
I can't even claim it was my idea. Someone was sure looking out for me.

Originally Posted by llong0233 View Post
Great rig. Great room. Great DH. Good things happen for good people so I'm guessing you're a good person! I love your set up. And Juki has maintained a very good reputation for years so nice work all around. Have fun. I'm looking forward to seeing your projects.
Hah! Thanks! I guess the last couple of years trying to slow down and "live right" are catching up with us.

I have 5 charity quilts sitting in my WIP bookcase, so I'm hoping to start working on those in the next few days. First, I want to use up all of my practice fabric (currently loaded). I'm going back to basics to get a feel for the machine.

Off to Leah Day's site and the frame.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:29 AM

We all have to make consessions for something we love. And the other ladies are right. Go slow, it can be very tiring, Good Luck
Old 07-23-2013, 10:12 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Even exchanges are good for you both ! winner winner !!
Old 07-23-2013, 10:37 AM

Very nice trade.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:19 PM

I am also very envious, but thrilled for you. Sounds like You'll really get good use out of it & that's the name of the game. Have fun and we'll be watching for some glorious creations.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:19 PM

I am just thrilled for you. Have fun.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:18 PM

What a fantastic deal. I'm also very envious! Even if I could afford such a beautiful setup, I have absolutely no room for one. I guess I'll remain thankful for what I have and enjoy my FMQ on DSM! I do have fun with it. Enjoy!!