Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
transfer addiction....and fabric organization. >

transfer addiction....and fabric organization.

transfer addiction....and fabric organization.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:34 AM

71 pounds gone and organized on top of it - you are an inspiration - keep it up. I will be watching for your updates.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:44 AM

twoxovr, I can see the half hour infomercial on this already, you will be in some very tastefully quilted leotards with your husband wearing matching ones. Will open with both of you standing behind a couple of Featherweights, smiling, healthy and happy with piles of material behind you. THen you will start "organizing" the stash, wrapping it and setting out neatly in the cupboards. Yep, sounds like a diet and exercise program I could get into. All to the tunes of the 60's and 70's or maybe some old time gospel tunes. And congratulations on your success.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
You have done great. Keep on loosing those lbs. and turning out beautiful quilts. When I am working on a quilt I forget to eat until DH ask me if I have eaten, that usually means he is ready and can't cook.
That's funny. I thought my hubby was the only one who did that. He comes in my sewing room and says "are you hungry?" In other words, "I want my dinner (or lunch)." Then I know it's time for me to stop sewing and cook.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:03 AM

Doing the happy dance for you. Congratulations!! I only have about 40 to 50 pounds to lose and am struggling as I don't like to exercise. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:06 AM

Wink

Yeah when I am working DH asks when are we eating. I know it is because he doesn't want to cook for himself it is up to me to cook or we go to the restaurant. Need to quit doing that as it is not helping me to be eating so late at nite.
I am going to check out a lapband info meeting this month in Minot. I have 150 to go and can not walk to get rid of it as I have knees that are bone on bone. I also am trying to get appt with ortho dr in Bismarck as my kids tell me not to do in Minot as the ones in Minot have a #'s deal going to get so many done in a day regardless of what is being done.
I forgot to tell you CONGRATULATIONS on both your achievements and keep up the good work. You are an inspiration to the rest of us to get going and get er done.

Last edited by amyjo; 04-01-2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:09 AM

Congrats to you on conquering your weight. Surgery is not easy so kudos to you & good luck with your renewed passion for quilting.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:16 AM

Great job on both efforts, losing weight and organizing. The not shopping is a hard one. Just last week I went to the fabric store to buy a piece for my next quilt, I have all but the border and back. Well, they didn't have what I wanted, soooooooooooo I bought a couple of yards of lavender that I MIGHT use for a quilt that needs 6 colors. What an addiction, I have to learn to walk in a fabric shop and walk out without buying if they don't have what I went in for. Anyway, Please keep us posted on how you are doing on the weight and organization. God Bless
Old 04-01-2012, 06:34 AM

Congratulations on your loss! And on the gain of energy! I'm still trying the hard way. You may find that show cubbies are the solution for your fat quarters - a lot of quilters use them. Now get busy SEWING!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Banned

oh my gosh.....Guess what...I too am banded! Since Sept '09!
Good for you.....it is not an easy journey...it is a very hard lifestyle to maintain, but it is SOOOOOO worth it!

WELCOME HOME!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:58 AM

You are awesome - taking charge of your health and re-found your love of crafting. I too carry too many pounds for comfort but find when I am quilting I eat less and drink more water. Just recently I had a dental emergency I gave up soda - okay I have had a few sips - for the most part just don't want it. Best wishes and you go girl!