Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: For Treadle Machine Lovers

I was in an Antique Mall in Walnut, IA a few days ago and in a show case was this unique treadle sewing machine. I wish I'd had my camera so I could have taken a picture to post. It was all wooden. I can't remember all the history on it; even had a wooden bobbin shuttle. The man's name who made it was Webber or Webster or something close. The price on it was, I think about $4950.00. Needless to say, I didn't buy it. Actually, if it was authentic, it should have been in a museum. If you're ever through Walnut, IA it would be worth your time to see it. I had never seen one before.

Blog Entries
    Do you know of a picture of it anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by tooMuchFabric
    Do you know of a picture of it anywhere?
    I did a Google search last night for wooden treadle sewing machines and didn't come up with anything. I sure would like to know more about it. It was really interesting and looked like it was built to be a working machine. It had the belt on it from the treadle to the machine. It looked authentic to me.