Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Trembling Hands >

Trembling Hands

Trembling Hands

Old 03-21-2013, 06:33 AM

I have a simular proplem. I line my ruler up then ask my husband to just hold it in place for me. Do you think that might help?
Old 03-21-2013, 06:34 AM

My fatherinlaw had the same thing. He had a deep brain stimulator implanted and this worked great. It is something like a pacemaker and used a powerful maganet to turn it on and off. You are awake during surgery so that they know they have hit the right spot. He turned his on of a morning and off at bedtime. It sure made a difference in his lifestyle, might check into this,
Old 03-21-2013, 06:36 AM

Default Fiskars ruler

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
I second all the ideas others have suggested. Also Friskars is putting out a new updated ruler with an attached rotary cutter. It might be safer to use. Keep quilting. Maybe there is some one that is willing to precut for you. Prayers and hugs.
Perhaps you could write or call Fiskars. I would think they would have a 'customer relations dept' - and explain your problem and see if they would send you one at a discounted price..... and if so, maybe after using, you could give them and us a recommendation for folks with problems like yours. Wouldn't hurt to try as it would be expensive to purchase and have it not be usable. Good luck.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:03 AM

What a marvelous idea Granny! I think I will do that today and see what becomes of it. I could be part of their research & development team, perhaps some of the other board members who are afflicted with this disease or any other movement disorder could benefit in the same way. Definitely worth a try, thank you.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:47 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

My favorite part of quilting is cutting. I know, I'm probably the only one. I have many UFOs that are all cut out only! If you would like, I would love to cut for you. I could do it in a day or two. Right now my right hand is weak, but shortly it should be fine and I could help you! I would love to help you!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:29 AM

I would cut for you I like to cut and I work for free I feel so bad for you let me help
Old 03-21-2013, 08:30 AM

The concurrent thread "Great news from Fiskar" notes that Fiskar will be putting out their ruler/rotary cutter combo once again, and also mentions the one listed above at Quilt in a Day, but for $20 less! http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/sto...3&Item_ID=8117
Old 03-21-2013, 09:22 AM

susanprincess - it's not the same brand as fiskars is it?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
besides slotted rulers with rotary cutters attached, you might check with your Church or Senior Center for fellow quilters to help you out. There are many quilters out there and I know they would be most willing to jump in.good luck. Katherine Hepburn had tremors of some kind and she drank!! helped her but I wouldn't suggest that and cutting!
I was going to suggest that. Can you join a quilting group or guild? I'm know for a fact someone will jump in and do your cutting. Maybe you can trade with them if they don't like to do something like the binding. (just an example)
I know I'd be more than willing to help
Old 03-21-2013, 12:47 PM

I had hand surgery and could not cut ofr quite sometime. I found a person, (I think on ebay of all places) who did cutting for me. I had to mail her the fabric and directions and in a very short time I received my pieces. I thought her price was very reasonable. I can pride you with her name and contact information if you wish.