Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
triangulations >

triangulations

triangulations

Old 08-21-2011, 05:22 AM

Yes, I too "know" all the "formulas" for triangles/ flying geese, etc. The point being if I want to do a batch of whatever at whatever size, the paper pattern is, in my estimation, faster than other methods of doing it, thus I have decided to purchase the triangulations software rather than purchase different size rolls of already printed patterns..we all find whatever way works the best for us to do what we enjoy doing, or even things we have to do for that matter!

Thanks to the responses about how I will be happy I ordered the software-if I have a prob with it, I will be whining for help!!!!!!
All have a happy Sunday......
Old 08-21-2011, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B
Previously on this board there was talk/video on triangulations and I watched it and thought I might look into it. So, I just did - first at triangulations website, then at Amazon where the price was much less 58.00 vs 27.00-guess which one I ordered. It has hst/qrt t/ and flying geese....sounds interesting....does anyone here use it?
I bought Triangulations when it was on sale last year. I love it. You don't have to square it and after sewing a few, you will find shortcuts to getting rid of the points. I, also like very scrappy and I found when you print a sheet of 18 2 1/2", you can trim it down in thirds to have more variety in fabrics. Fast and acurate.
Judi
I also like the angle ruler that Bonnie Hunter uses, but you have to square up and that is time consuming.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:07 AM

Connecting Threads has it for $22.36. I love being able to print any size I need.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:08 AM

I have the trianglations cd; versions 2 and 3; I got 3 because it does 16th of an inch. They work really great. I get the doodle pads from the dollar store and cut them to printer paper size and print out on them. It's cheaper and tears away easier than printer paper. It's easier to have it on hand than trying to run around and find the right size paper; especially when doing tons of them it's easier than doing them without it. I don't know who is charging 58 both of mine together was about that much; the 27 is more in line with the right price
Old 08-21-2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by cwessel47
As far as triangulations go - I have no idea of what you are talking about. I do know that I know all of the formulas to come up with perfect HSTS, QSTS and Flying geese all day long. It really is simple math and no waste at all. Take a look at my very first post - Flying Geese Discussion (just search for it) and if you have other questions, I would be happy to answer them. Trust that you can do simple math and you won't have to hand over 3 cents! for someone else's idea. Then again - you've already spent the money.
WOW; someone got to your Wheaties this morning. The person just asked a question; you didn't have to respond. You know what they say; if you don't have anything nice to say; keep quiet. No one on this board is made to respond to anything if they don't want so if you do you should be nice. I have always liked math but when I'm quilting I'd rather spend my time sewing that calculating; especially if I have alot to do. I have 2 of the trianglations CD's; the second one was for the 16th of an inch; before you say anything; yes; I can count the little hash marks on the ruler to figure if out but when you are doing 100's of HST's a little help goes along way. I hope you have a better day than so far and if not be nice to others.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:25 PM

Love Triangulations!! Four of my quilting buddies and I are doing the Civil War Chronicles BOM quilt this year. For those of you who are doing this BOM, you know how many HSTs are needed each month. I do the printing of the papers each month for the group; we've all chipped in a few dollars to cover the year's cost for printer ink and paper.

The program is a godsend for doing this BOM-accurate and fast. Enjoy using triangulations!!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:10 AM

[quote I get the doodle pads from the dollar store and cut them to printer paper size and print out on them. It's cheaper and tears away easier than printer paper. It's easier to have it on hand than trying to run around and find the right size paper; especially when doing tons of them it's easier than doing them without it.[/quote]

Good Idea about the doodle paper - is that like newsprint......I'm guessing so....anyway...I will head out to the $$$Store and see how many pads I can pick up...thanks a mil for the tip!!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B
[quote I get the doodle pads from the dollar store and cut them to printer paper size and print out on them. It's cheaper and tears away easier than printer paper. It's easier to have it on hand than trying to run around and find the right size paper; especially when doing tons of them it's easier than doing them without it.
Good Idea about the doodle paper - is that like newsprint......I'm guessing so....anyway...I will head out to the $$$Store and see how many pads I can pick up...thanks a mil for the tip!!!![/quote]

Yes, it's kind of like newsprint; for only a $ you save so much money. I know how to do them the old fashion way and the quick method but the one month I had close to 200 of them to do and that was before they came out w/the latest software that does them in 16th of an inch; trimming them all down was a big enough pain; I'm glad that I had the software to make it easier
Old 08-22-2011, 10:11 AM

I have the cd and while I haven't used it yet, I'm glad I have it. I don't WANT to do the math every time. I want quick and simple. I got my cd for cheap from connecting threads with a coupon (one of those living social or whatever deals) and would rather just use it than look things up or get out the dreaded calculator. I did enough math in HS and college. lol
Old 08-22-2011, 01:09 PM

Lucky me. I already have the math figured out which I am ready and willing to share. Results are right on all the time. Unfortunate me. I don't have the $ to do it the new-fangled way.