Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Trip to Lancaster (Amish) >

Trip to Lancaster (Amish)

Trip to Lancaster (Amish)

Old 05-15-2012, 03:02 AM

Smile hope your still coming

Originally Posted by newjeepgreen View Post
A while ago I asked advice on trip to Amish country. My travel agent has given me some dates and flight destinations but would like your input again. End of May 2012 fly to Newark and then fly to Harrisburg. Arriving Harrisburg18.46. can anyone tell us what is best way to travel to Lancaster and if you would recommend Lancaster Arts Hotel or Lancater Marriott Hotel . As Lancaster seems hard to get to is this the best way. This is first definate enquiry we have made but want to know if you good folk think is sounds ok before we book anything. Many thanks in advance...Vi
I have been away from the board for a while, but when checking, I had marked this, but don't see any real recent posts. Hope you are still coming, or maybe your on your way, you mentioned the end of May.
Maybe we can meet up, if you have time.

Mimistutz
Old 05-15-2012, 04:03 AM

I've never stayed at the Lancaster Mariott, but I have stayed at the Lancaster Arts Hotel, and can tell you it is clean and lovely, and they offer free unlimited taxi service within 5 miles.(at least during the quilt show in April---make sure to ask if this is always)