Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Trouble with stitch regulator >

Trouble with stitch regulator

Trouble with stitch regulator

Old 11-12-2012, 01:53 PM

I've got the same problem! I have a janome 1600p as well. I cleaned my rails and wheels and made sure all my wires and connections with the regulator were all good etc...my very first quilt was terrible, I ended up having many long dates with my seam ripper and soo many headaches...it has gotten better after I unplugged everything! and hooked it all back up...I put my regulator on 9 the highest it can go. I will get long stitches if I go to fast, I like to cruise along meandering and if I go to fast my regulator can't keep up with me, and if I go way too slow I get long stitches too, soooo I have to find my perfect speed and keep going. I put in a new needle because I broke it because it slowed down on me unexpectedly I was lucky I didn't tear my fabric! grrr...but yes I took it all apart and put it back together, new needle, cleaned my rails and made sure my wheels touched nicely and its seems to be better if I find that perfect motion...I wish it worked better though, I wish it could keep up with whatever speed I want to go for the price of that thing! anyway hope this helps a little, it seems we all are having about the same troubles.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingByCourtney View Post
I've got the same problem! I have a janome 1600p as well. I cleaned my rails and wheels and made sure all my wires and connections with the regulator were all good etc...my very first quilt was terrible, I ended up having many long dates with my seam ripper and soo many headaches...it has gotten better after I unplugged everything! and hooked it all back up...I put my regulator on 9 the highest it can go. I will get long stitches if I go to fast, I like to cruise along meandering and if I go to fast my regulator can't keep up with me, and if I go way too slow I get long stitches too, soooo I have to find my perfect speed and keep going. I put in a new needle because I broke it because it slowed down on me unexpectedly I was lucky I didn't tear my fabric! grrr...but yes I took it all apart and put it back together, new needle, cleaned my rails and made sure my wheels touched nicely and its seems to be better if I find that perfect motion...I wish it worked better though, I wish it could keep up with whatever speed I want to go for the price of that thing! anyway hope this helps a little, it seems we all are having about the same troubles.
Mine sews a beautiful stitch (No skips) until i get to the last rows and then it starts skipping. i have had the same problem on every one of my quilts. (Only 3 quilts) I have had this quilting frame and machine since last Dec. I am sick of it!!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:09 PM

I got a stitch regulator back from the Grace company. (They sent me a new one) I finished my quilt this morning and it sewed beautiful stitches and not one skipped stitch. I am so excited to have something that will sew . I have struggled with this problem since last December.I wish i would have called the company sooner. They were so helpful.