Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Truesharp Blade sharpener

Truesharp Blade sharpener

With the price of rotary blades being so expensive, I was wondering if anyone has tried the Truesharp rotary blade sharpener and how you like it? It costs about $65.00, which is cheaper then blades in the long run, but it's also a big expense if it isn't worth the money. All feedback is welcomed. Thanks.

I have one and use it all the time. It is REALLY noisy but it works.
    Marie

Blog Entries
    I bought one when Connecting Threads had it on sale. I left it at guild so everyone could use it and I'm always there so let the guild closet store it for me. It won't get the nicks our but it will sharpen a dull blade.
    Got fabric?

I did not like it as blades were never new sharp. There is a place in MN where you can send your old ones in and trade for new or resharpened. It's a reasonable price.

Blog Entries
    I have the electric one and love it. Got it from joann.com. If it isnt on sale you can use a coupon.

I just posted the same question, I should have checked the previous threads. Still a newbie to the board. I think I'll go ahead and get one, it's got to be cheaper in the long run. Replacing the blades all of the time is just way too expensive. I always think I could be spending that money on more fabric! lol

I honestly think that running your blade over several layers of tin foil works just as well as a sharpener. Nothing is going to make them "like new" but the foil is a good alternative to constantly replacing blades and it's far cheaper that $65.00. Try it!