Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
To try again or not to try again? >

To try again or not to try again?

To try again or not to try again?

Old 08-26-2008, 01:35 AM

THat is a beautiful quilt. I would try it again. Second time around is the chram.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:50 AM

I think you did a wonderful job and the ladies here (who are experts) seem to have come up with some wonderful ideas to help the problem, which I didn't see. Also thanks for the post because some wonderful tips came out of this post. Thank you ladies.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:33 PM

I can relate to what you are going through with this quilt. It is a beautiful quilt, colors are ge
gorgous. I started a lone star,the star was not pieced,The diamonds were one big piece and then you had big triangles and squares to go in between. My star would make a bubble where the points met. The triangles just didn't fit. I had a fit, folded it up and put it away. Was sorting some material today came across it and hmmm looked real close and saw what I had done. now I have it in plain sight so I will not forget it on purpose, it has to annoy me and it will until I fix it and finish. As a first grader told me one time, Sometimes it Be that way, Mrs. Brown. :lol: :lol:
Bonnie
Old 08-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Power Poster

It's a lovely quilt. And the puckers aren't very obvious from the picture.

If ALL of you had problems, I think it might be the pattern.

I've tried making the pieces in paper and laying them together to see if they fit together properly. I had a dresden plate pattern that ended up being about 370 degrees - didn't lay well at all.

Sometimes the templates are off. Just because it was purchased, doesn't mean it's perfect.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:53 AM

IT IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL !!! We are always harder on ourselves than others. When I have to put away a project I leave myself a note as to where & what I will do next, it is better to do more at a time when it gets complicated, I mean small simple steps are easier to catch up on when it i "put away" for a month or so. does this make sense?
Old 08-28-2008, 04:47 AM

Thank you for all of your help and encouragement.

I am almost half done with the hand quilting. It is looking better. I have been able to ease in some of the questionable places.

Mary
Old 08-28-2008, 05:47 AM

I hope you do it again, and I'm glad your quilting it into submission! It is just beautiful, if you do it again, alone, and a bit quicker, you may figure out where the problems are and fix them, just don't let it win!
Old 08-28-2008, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
I made a quilt and had just a little trouble (understatement). I have it finished and it didn't turn out very well.

I'm trying to decide whether I should try the pattern again. I'm afraid if I don't do it again I will let the pattern win.

So, try again or not to try again?
I wouldn't let IT win!! You get in there and show em'!! I'd try a pillow or wall hanging, so you feel a moe instant success, if that's possible. Would love to see the pattern just to see what you are doing. I can't imagine it could be THAT bad!

Susan
Old 08-28-2008, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
Spinning Stars.

Two friends & I started it severals years ago getting together once a month to work on our quilts. I feel like part of our problem is that we folded it up and put it in a box until the next month when we would pull it back out, figure out where we were and what we needed to do next. It didn't turn out well for any of us.

It is full of puckers and just not fun. It really is a beautiful quilt though. I did it in blue & yellow and I am considering trying it in Christmas colors.
I will just bt that after you get it quilted, it will be just right! This is really a beautiful quilt! I'm glad you posted it!

Susan
Old 08-28-2008, 01:19 PM

It looks wonderful. Do something else now. After you're away from it, look back at it and I think you'll find it looks better than you perceived it to be. Then try it again to show you can master it.