Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Try a different foot!

Try a different foot!

Well, I'm making another flag and having all sorts of trouble with those little curves. Trying my best not to cuss (since it's Sunday ). Exasperated, I took off my machine's O2 (quarter-inch) foot, which I usually love for piecing, and put on my Little Foot. I don't know why, but it's making all the difference in the world. Not a single do-over since the swap.

So if some part of a project isn't going well, try another foot...what have you got to lose?

Good Advice! Among so many other quirks, why not the foot. Happy sewing.
    God Bless Quilters and Sewers
    Marti

Good idea. I seem to use the same two feet all the time. THe rest just sit in the box. I think I need to experiment with some of them.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

Thanks for the reminder. Most of us probably have feet that we have never, or rarely use..that may be able to do the job better than using the couple of feet that we use most of the time.

Blog Entries
    great suggestion... thanks for sharing
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    Funny thing...we get about 10 feet with a new machine...yet only use 2 or 3...I have really focused on practicing with my "other feet"...good stuff there, but yeah, you actually have to practice with them!