Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Trying to decide between accuquilt studio and go big. >

Trying to decide between accuquilt studio and go big.

Trying to decide between accuquilt studio and go big.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:32 PM

Default Trying to decide between accuquilt studio and go big.

I have decided to purchase an accuquilt and have it narrowed down to the go big or the studio. I'm leaning toward the studio, but the go big looks good too. I have enough room for either and no physical limitations with the crank. Thoughts on is one better than the other?
Old 09-26-2017, 04:46 PM

I just upgraded to the Go Big electric. I have problems turning the crank and decided I am only getting "Older" with less strength.
I say it depends on your age and agility. I don't think you can use the studio dies on the other models, but you can get shims or whatever they are called to use the dies made for the smaller systems to use on the studio.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:48 PM

My preference would be the Studio. It can use any dies (Sizzix, Studio, GO-with an adapter), but the Go Big can only use Go Dies. Plus you don't need electricity to use it. I have the Sizzix Big Shot Pro and I can use the Studio and Go dies in it. You can cut up to 10 layers with the Studio and only up to 6 with the Go Big. Studio has more and better sales, also.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:16 AM

Good to know that Studio has good sales. I'll watch out for one.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:47 AM

I have the Studio and although I only have Accuquilt, Accucut and DayCo dies I still like the option of adding Sizzix to the mix if I choose. Accuquilt does list Studio dies on sale about 5 times to 1 over Go dies but then Studio dies are more expensive than Go dies. I've always felt Accuquilt was the front runner in the die cutting market however just this week though Sizzix partnered with Missouri Start Quilt Co. and there's a kick-starter fund for a Sizzix/Ebony Love partnership. I don't know if you are familiar with Ebony Love but she's a die cutting guru. Check out her videos on YouTube. And download her EDeN chart which will help you cross reference dies.

Having been a customer of Accuquilt for awhile I can tell you there website is often extremely slow sometimes and once an order is placed that's it. There's no changing anything. If you make a mistake (such as adding the same die twice) you own it. Ask me how I know.

There's also a great group on FB called Accuquilt and beyond. If you're not a member you may want to join it.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:27 AM

Thank you for the great info Safetysue! I will look into Sizzix, Ebony Love and the Accuquilt FB group.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:33 PM
Power Poster

Whatever you choose I think you'll be pleased. I agonized over purchasing one for a long time and absolutely love it!
Old 09-28-2017, 03:11 AM

The Sizzix machine can accommodate accuquilt dies... with a shim, but the Sizzix dies are too thick for the Accuquilt machines.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:30 AM

The Studio takes up a lot of room in your sewing room, the Go Big less so, as it folds up. I've used both and prefer the Go Big.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:39 AM

I replaced my AccuQuiltGo with the electric Go Big due to arthritis in my hands. I love it.