Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tumbler Quilt >

Tumbler Quilt

Tumbler Quilt

Old 02-08-2012, 05:20 AM

Wow! Yours is beautiful!!!! Bet it was a challenge to use a fabric only once!!!!
Originally Posted by Joanne9of12 View Post
Here's a picture of the Tumbler Quilt that I just finished quilting and am the process of adding the binding. (The picture is prior to the quilting.) This truely is scrappy, as no two blocks use the same fabric (577 different fabrics!),and it measures 82" x 102". I participated in a number of swaps which allowed me to collect the fabrics rather quickly. I really enjoyed making this!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 AM

I cut the tumblers with my GO--WOW is all I can say.......there are so many ways to place these.....on a yahoo group website there is a whole album full of what the members of that group have done..........I want to do one that is large flowers each outlined in a narrow black strip, so that when done will look like a stained glass....could also be done with batiks...quite striking........also a good way to get rid of scraps as seen in the pictures above.........also fun to put together.....I did not need any starch when constructing a strap one I did.........but that is just me.....
Old 02-08-2012, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaBabs View Post
Missouri Star Quilt C is the best.... do go to YouTube or their sight.... their tumbler quilt could not be easir... they even have a template for it... just watch Jenny... she makes it all so easy.... pre cuts are great, but mo one says you have to use them,,, the process is still the same with your scrap fabrics...
I have learned a lot from Jenny's videos. She is a great teacher. She makes you feel like you are learning from a friend. And she is just as nice in person. If you get a chance to visit Missouri Star Quilt Co. Don't miss it. It is a great shop and everyone is so friendly and helpful. I'm not affiliated with Missouri Star---Just a satisfied customer.