Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tutorial Fold 'n Stitch Wreath >

Tutorial Fold 'n Stitch Wreath

Tutorial Fold 'n Stitch Wreath

Old 12-20-2016, 02:24 PM

Default Tutorial Fold 'n Stitch Wreath

I am searching for the tutorial for Fold 'n Stitch Wreath. Does anyone have a link to it?
Old 12-20-2016, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

I don't have a link but You Tube has some videos for it. Also check out Origami candle video. The gal doing the video has a cold and goes on for a few minutes so you can scroll the bar at the bottom right before she actually does the video.
Will send you a pm
Old 12-20-2016, 03:01 PM
Power Poster

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzGiC6SzelM
Old 12-21-2016, 07:59 AM

Check several. There are a couple ones out there that make it much more difficult to make than it needs to be. One thing to consider is some use a foam, sew all the way around the square, cut a slit, turn rightside out and then appliques over the slit. I do not do this and have made close to 100 of these in various sizes and styles (squares, banded, hexies, leaves and pumpkins). I use a heavyweight fusible, stitch around the square leaving a small opening, pull it rightside out and then topstitch. I will then do another stitch - either STID around the banding or maybe a squiggly stitch from one corner to the opposite and this will be at the bottom of the 'petal'.
If using very lightweight fabric or lighter fusible, when finished, I stick pieces of tubes (TO, paper towels, gift wrap tubes) in the petals and lightly spray with best press. This increases the oomph of the petals. The only tricky part is knowing the stitch line to put the petals together. On a 6" finished square I measure 3" down from one corner (both sides) and 1" up from the opposite corner (both sides). When you draw a mark from a 3" spot to a 1" spot you will see the angled line that you attach to the next petal letting the petals form a circle. Caution, make sure you attach the petals with the small corners together and not flipped around! Late at night this is a very easy mistake to make! After making a couple this size, you can try other sizes and style (hexies require a bit more thought and only use 10 petals instead of 12). But, they can be addictive and are a great way to use up lots of small leftover fabrics. It only takes 12 - 6 1/2" squares of 2 fabrics to make them. And, I cut my interfacing at 6" to eliminate a bit of bulk (the topstitching and quilting secures it for multiple washings and storage).
Old 12-21-2016, 02:10 PM

Wow that's a lot of wreaths, I have yet to make on, but do have the pattern.

Originally Posted by klswift View Post
Check several. There are a couple ones out there that make it much more difficult to make than it needs to be. One thing to consider is some use a foam, sew all the way around the square, cut a slit, turn rightside out and then appliques over the slit. I do not do this and have made close to 100 of these in various sizes and styles (squares, banded, hexies, leaves and pumpkins). I use a heavyweight fusible, stitch around the square leaving a small opening, pull it rightside out and then topstitch. I will then do another stitch - either STID around the banding or maybe a squiggly stitch from one corner to the opposite and this will be at the bottom of the 'petal'.
If using very lightweight fabric or lighter fusible, when finished, I stick pieces of tubes (TO, paper towels, gift wrap tubes) in the petals and lightly spray with best press. This increases the oomph of the petals. The only tricky part is knowing the stitch line to put the petals together. On a 6" finished square I measure 3" down from one corner (both sides) and 1" up from the opposite corner (both sides). When you draw a mark from a 3" spot to a 1" spot you will see the angled line that you attach to the next petal letting the petals form a circle. Caution, make sure you attach the petals with the small corners together and not flipped around! Late at night this is a very easy mistake to make! After making a couple this size, you can try other sizes and style (hexies require a bit more thought and only use 10 petals instead of 12). But, they can be addictive and are a great way to use up lots of small leftover fabrics. It only takes 12 - 6 1/2" squares of 2 fabrics to make them. And, I cut my interfacing at 6" to eliminate a bit of bulk (the topstitching and quilting secures it for multiple washings and storage).
Old 12-21-2016, 05:08 PM

I have a pattern that I bought. The lady who designed it is Kris Poor from Poorhouse Quilt Designs. She is from either Maine or New Hampshire. I like to support designers who come up with these clever ideas. She has come up with variations on the first one and a smaller Christmas ornament, too.

Last edited by lots2do; 12-21-2016 at 05:14 PM. Reason: name of designer and company (spelling)
Old 12-21-2016, 05:34 PM

Search Pinterest. There are many patterns and instructions. Good luck.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:48 AM

I have been doing them for quite awhile. We just used a dozen blue and silver ones for centerpieces at a temple event and then gave them away as door prizes. I found that if I donate some to an event with the request that I can insert a business card and flyer, this generates a bunch of orders. And it lets the event use something different than the standard centerpiece and have a free giveaway. Often times they will mark something at the table (under a plate or cup) with a number and whomever has that number gets the centerpiece. A win for everyone!
Old 12-23-2016, 08:44 AM

I made the wreath from the tutorial and was not happy with it. Followed the directions (I think), but the center came out really small. I have since bought the pattern; will use that when/if I ever decide to make another one.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:55 PM

That one is not the same as the pattern I used. I did not have binding on mine.