Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: TV quilt programs

Banned
    We have "DISH" service and I was wondering if there are TV programs offered that feature quilting information. My husband has so much programing blocked that I never see anything listed. Of course I am not allowed to touch his "clicker". But I do have another set in the guest room I could use.

np3
    Blog Entries
    I had to laugh at your question (sorry). If my husband blocked channels and called the clicker his, he'd be looking for a new clicker.....from the garage!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Fons & Porter have weekly shows on PBS, so does Nancy Ziemann and sewing with sue, I DVR all these shows and they are really great. Eleanor Burns also has quilt shows on each week. All worth watching

I have Dish also and I don't know of any quilting programs. I have been looking but maybe not at the right days or times. Maybe someone else will know.

i laughed at that one to my dh has to watch tv in the shed and he only has antenna out there no dish :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Look for the RFD and BYU channels, I have heard that both have quilting shows and also the PBS channels :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    I live in WA and the quilting shows come on our local PBS station Saturday mornings starting around 8:00 to 12:00, I DVR them also. :o)

Try to find RFDTV channel(231 on my Dish) They have quilting on there once in a while.

wow look at all the programs

RFD has quilt in a day, on Weds at 230 eastern time, she is doing the barn series right now

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrie1940
    We have "DISH" service and I was wondering if there are TV programs offered that feature quilting information. My husband has so much programing blocked that I never see anything listed. Of course I am not allowed to touch his "clicker". But I do have another set in the guest room I could use.
    If my husband wasn't an invalid, he WOULD find himself sitting in the middle of the road or tied to a tree for the mountain lions. Its just easier to humor himself. I have my quilting and all you folks; and I don't share that with him, so we are even :twisted:

You can unblock and make your own list of TV programs to watch. He has his list, you have yours. We have four different lists and its easy to move from one to the other.

You can search for programs. Use the following buttons from the remote: Menu, 2 (Themes & Search), right arrow to Keyword, select. Using the arrows and select button type in the word quilt. In the search by option select info. Arrow down to "Done" when you are done. This will take you back to the previous screen. Arrow over to "Get Results" and press select. The system will search all the available programing for anything that matches your search selections. You can do the same search for the word sewing. You may have to repeat the search about every week as the new programing is loaded.

I just did this to get the instructions right... and it came up with Fons and Porter!! Woo woo

BYUtv do you get this channel they have Fons/Porter and some kids crafts. I am still searching the other channels we just upped our limit from 99 to 160 channels.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrie1940
    I had to laugh because this reminds me of a cartoon. Where the guy on the couch can't figure out why the channel keeps changing to animal planet. And his dog is standing behind him with the remote!

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Your PBS stations would be part of the local offerings. Most show some quilting shows on Saturday - early - morning. We get Sewing With Nancy, Quilt In A Day & Quilting Arts. Sometimes they out Fons & Poter on instead of Quilting Arts.
    Ours starts at 7:00 AM. Nothing on during the daytime weekdays.

Quote Originally Posted by np3
    I had to laugh at your question (sorry). If my husband blocked channels and called the clicker his, he'd be looking for a new clicker.....from the garage!!!!!!!
    Absolutely!!!

You took the words right out of my Mouth!!!!!! Are you kidding me....

I have Directv, but also know that you can get Quilt in a Day with Eleanor Burns, she is my most favorite and have learned more from her than ANYONE else. You can also go onto Quilt in a Day on the internet and view her videos there, she has lots of them and believe me, she makes them soooooo easy and beautiful.

I had to laugh because this reminds me of a cartoon. Where the guy on the couch can't figure out why the channel keeps changing to animal planet. And his dog is standing behind him with the remote![/quote]

funny! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by MzMcKee
    You can search for programs. Use the following buttons from the remote: Menu, 2 (Themes & Search), right arrow to Keyword, select. Using the arrows and select button type in the word quilt. In the search by option select info. Arrow down to "Done" when you are done. This will take you back to the previous screen. Arrow over to "Get Results" and press select. The system will search all the available programing for anything that matches your search selections. You can do the same search for the word sewing. You may have to repeat the search about every week as the new programing is loaded.

I just did this to get the instructions right... and it came up with Fons and Porter!! Woo woo
    I am very challenged when it comes to such things, but, this worked for me. Thanks

Blog Entries
    I am with you on that!!

Blog Entries
    Quilt in a Day is also on Wednessdays at 2:30 pm on RFDTV,
    channel 231.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by feffertim
    Fons & Porter have weekly shows on PBS, so does Nancy Ziemann and sewing with sue, I DVR all these shows and they are really great. Eleanor Burns also has quilt shows on each week. All worth watching
    Does Dish have PBS? I can't find it. I know Direct had it.

Our PBS is WNPT here in Winchester, Tn. and it is channel 8.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast