Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
tv tray ironing board >

tv tray ironing board

tv tray ironing board

Old 09-05-2011, 12:57 PM

I have a new one. I bought a new tv tray and just put my cut and press on it and I have a little iron that looks like a toy one but is great for pressing blocks and I am loving it
Old 09-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

The TV tray is something I might like to try out. Right now I have a rectangular piece of teflon backed hot pad fabric wrapped with a piece of muslin that I put on my table next to the sewing machine when I piece. I also try to remember to push my cutting mat away when doing this, it could warp, but I put the iron on it and got it back in shape, as it hadn't been used long. The remainder of my ironing I do in my DR, pull it out of the closet, and set it up next to my DR table, facing the TV, so I can iron and watch my shows as well. I miss having the ironing board right next to me to the right of my sewing machine, however, that was my house, this is an apt., so I adapted.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:16 PM

Here are two links.

http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransso...ing-board.html

http://thecraftsdept.marthastewart.c...156&gallery=77
Old 09-05-2011, 06:20 PM

I actually have five wooden TV tables (or trays) that I put up and down in my studio, as I need them, and one is covered for an ironing surface. They take up little room when folded away, and sometimes are the only clear surface in a busy room, with every other surface covered. They can be moved to another room as needed. I could not work without them.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:27 PM

Isn't it just the best! It sits right next to my machine so I can press my blocks as I go.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:10 AM

sure how and where do I put 'em.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Noiseynana
A friend showed me how to make a TV tray ironing board to sit next to my sewing machine. It's only good for blocks but its very handy. I took an old tv tray and an old ironing board cover and slipped it on the tv tray. Flipped the try upside down ,streched it and stappled it . It folds up for easy storage and its just the right size for next to my machine. I hope yall can use this tip. It really is a lot easier than getting out the full sized ironing board.
I also use my tv tray for this and I have one of those small travel blow dryer & iron combos (which I never use for travel because hotels now have irons in the rooms) that i have set up with it. These irons are small and have no holes in them. it fits the tv tray perfectly
Old 09-06-2011, 05:33 AM

These are GREAT! Thank you so much! I have a whole set of those trays in my closet. My quilting friends may just GET one of these for Christmas..hehe

Yes.. the TWO little cuties in your AV are just precious!!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:08 AM

I have a tv try next to my sewing machine by I have a plywood board the size of the top of tray coverd with batting and duck canvas blocks don't slip on this fabric and on other side have a cutting mat glued to it so can turn it over for classes.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:38 AM

The quilt shop that I visit often has the same thing, but they cut a larger board...for the top, then padded it and covered it. So I'm patiently waiting for my husband to do that, may give up on him and just pad the original board and cover it myself. Some of us don't care to have a large ironing board up, in a limited space, so we go for the small TV tray to iron little seams. There are great tutorials here in this newsletter, illustrating how to assemble the TV tray, and it includes a supply list of materials needed, just type in TV tray in the topic section. This would make great gifts, for crafts shows, or quilting friends.