Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Twister wreath-layout help needed >

Twister wreath-layout help needed

Twister wreath-layout help needed

Old 12-09-2013, 01:26 PM
mem

Default Twister wreath-layout help needed

Somewhere I saw, and thought I saved, a picture of a Christmas twister wreath (and the layout of fabric to make it) that is ALL green (maybe two or three different fabrics, but all greens) except for an area where RED fabric was used to replicate a bow.

I have searched the archives here with no success. Lots of wreaths, but none of the Christmas ones I found look the way I want my wreath to be....all greens with just that one red "bow" area (most are a random mixture of green and red pinwheels).

Does what I'm looking for sound familiar?

Thanks for your help,
Margaret
Old 12-09-2013, 01:38 PM

I've made several twister projects and would just start playing with your layout until you have what you want. Cut a lot green, the more variety the better. The bow can be as simple as a Red Green Red then in the next row Red under the Green or big as in
RRGGRR
RRRRRRRR
RRbRR
RRbbbRR
RRbbbbbRR That may not make sense but experiment & make it yours! That doesn't line up right!!!! even in edit.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:50 PM

This could be the one you want.... (it has link...
very cute)..http://apassionforapplique.blogspot....-and-tell.html
Old 12-09-2013, 03:00 PM

Just checked a bit further....This one has the layout: http://whisperofrose.blogspot.com/20...er-wreath.html
Old 12-10-2013, 05:55 AM
mem

Thank you both so much. I waded through lots of twister wreaths yesterday and thought I was never going to find the right one, but the picture/layout on the whisperofrose site is almost exactly what I remember. I think the bow I'm remembering was a little bigger and I'm trying to get my brain to analyze the layout and figure out how to do that. Maybe another red square to the left of the one in the layout plus another red below that one?

Probably my issue with layout is because the first and only twister I've done was at a class where I really disliked the final product. Used a charm pack to make a table runner and although I thought I liked the initial layout, once it was cut and sewn together I didn't like the hodge-podge look. Ever since, I've been leery of trying to get a twister to come out the way I visualize the final product. Laying out the squares to achieve the final product desired has always seemed like a mystery to me, but in analyzing these photos further-and your layout suggestion-it looks like I'm making this more confusing than it really is. Wish I had the spatial-orientation gene that my kids have; obviously they didn't inherit it from me .

Thanks again for your helpful and speedy responses,
Margaret
Old 12-10-2013, 11:35 PM

Easy. Layout all your squares in a wreath shape ensuring a border around. When happy join all the squares. Now slow and careful cut out the twister shapes and lay in second position.
When all cut sew together again.
All twister shapes are the same make the shape with squares then twist.
The difficulty is the second cutting and keeping in order.

Enjoy.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:01 AM

Maybe if you make it all in green and then applique a more definitive red bow on top would be a different way of going about it. Good luck.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by marymm View Post
Just checked a bit further....This one has the layout: http://whisperofrose.blogspot.com/20...er-wreath.html
I like the layout of this wreath! Thanks