Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
TWO machines and a love story! >

TWO machines and a love story!

TWO machines and a love story!

Old 01-22-2013, 11:18 AM

Love the love story and the fact you now have two machines......yay!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:18 PM

Congratulations on your new machines---and on picking a great husband! lol My DH is also very supportive of my quilting/embroidery addiction. He is a great enabler! lol He worked in computers his whole career (45 years before retiring). I got him interested in digitizing embroidery designs. He now has a bigger embroidery machine than I do---10 needle BabyLock Enterprise. He likes doing one of-a-kind designs for gifts for friends and family. There are a lot of baseball caps around town with unusual and funny sayings and designs embroidered on them. Now that we are both retired, we enjoy our hobbies. I can't imagine how anyone could be bored after they retire. We can't find time to do all the things we want to do. I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:01 PM

Good for you, I am sure you will really enjoy it. Will be waiting to see what you make with it. Went to brother web site and what a machine the VQ3000 is. At 66 I would not spend the money when I have so many machines, but I am so happy for you.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:02 PM

Congrats! As to what to do, when my DH bought me a beautiful Bernina 440 QE a few years ago, I learned to use it by making 37 pillow cases for the million pillow case challenge. Not only did the local homeless shelter get a bunch of pillow cases, but I learned a lot and really put the machine through its basic paces. When I took it in for its first (free) checkup, the repair people were surprised by how much sewing time it had on it already. No kidding! Making 37 pillow cases is not a task for a single evening.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:25 PM

i am sooooo wanting to buy an embroidery machine! i have the innovis 2000, and never even considered i might want to embroider. a friend gave me a brother se400 but no cd, and i haven't tried it yet. how hard can it be, right? but it has me intimidated!!
congrats on your new machines and your wonderful husband!!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:52 PM

That is wonderful!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 PM

Congratulations on your two "babies". Once you start using it, you won't want to stop. My Bernina series 8 - 830 sewing/ embroidery machine is the only thing that will make me skip lunch. LOL
Old 01-23-2013, 06:20 AM

Congrats and so happy for you! I know the feeling! You are going to have fun, fun, fun! I bought a Serger from Hancocks this summer. It is out of the box, took pictures close up of the threading, you know with the colored threads. It is still sitting there on my sewing desk just starring at me. It looks so complicated. I told myself that I will try it out when I have more time to reseach on how to get started. I can make a mountain out of a mole hill! lol.