Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ugh, today of all days... >

Ugh, today of all days...

Ugh, today of all days...

Old 09-08-2009, 08:16 PM

Glad you DH bought a new iron and you're on your way :).
Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:38 PM

I went thru FOUR Rowenta's..the expensive ones! They kept leaking on me. The company kept sending me new ones & within a month or 2, it would leak! One time, it leaked all over a brand new ironing board cover. (the one with all the measurements on it) I was furious! The last time, I told them not to send me another one. I didn't want it! I keep a $10 spare GE in my linen closet. It always works. My last roadblock was that I didn't figure the backing fabric right & when I finally got back to the store (less than a week) they didn't have it! Had to re-think all over. Not easy for a "Senior citizen"!! lol! :D
Old 09-13-2009, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
My iron decided to go to iron heaven! I guess I can't complain to much it is a cheap Durabrand (Wal*Mart) and I have had it for about five years! I was in the middle of ironing quilt blocks for my backing and all of a sudden the seams were not laying flat so I touched the iron(I know real smart huh!) and well it was not hot not really even warm!

Worst part...Jeff is playing golf, its raining and I really don't want to get out in it, much less drag three kids out in it! I guess I'll go find something to sew that doesn't need ironing! What is another couple of days when the poor top has been laying there for a month anyways!

What has been your latest road block!
Roadblocks to Quilting:
1. Our daughter had brain cancer surgery on 9/3. DD is in a hospital 100 miles from here so we're running back and forth.
2. My mom had a heart attack brought on by pneumonia on 9/2. Spent 4 days in the hospital and is now home but still is very sick and weak. Have spent lots of time with her doing meds, doctor visits, meals and doing whatever needs doing. Not complaining, just haven't had time to do much quilting, sleeping or much of anything. Did make 10 Santa Socks for the Soldiers yesterday afternoon while my mom rested so I'd have something to contribute to the project this year.

If you guys pray, please pray for DD and DM. Thank you.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:57 PM

I will keep your daughter and your mother both in my thoughts and prayers.
Athough I have never had a child with cancer I had a baby when I was only 22 weeks pregnant I know far to well the feeling of 'what next' and 'what does the furture hold'.
Unfortunately, I never got the chance of a future with my son.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:45 PM

Feathers,

I am sooo sorry about your current trials. It is so hard when a family member is ill, and you have two of your loved ones ill at the same time!

Just remember to give yourself time to refuel! You won't be able to be of any support to them, if you get run down and sick yourself.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers and thoughts.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:53 PM

:?: :?: :?: I don't beleive it - my wal-mart iron died toooooo. Shut it off for 1/2 hour and turned in on and nothing. My dh (who's an electrician) took it all apart - the "board" burned up. He said they only have a life span of so long and then die. Couldn't do anything more - was so ready to press the rest of my blocks - :( :( :( :( :( :(
Old 09-13-2009, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
A few months ago my Rowenta started sparking on me. Fortunately I had the time to right then run over to Target and bought the one I have now. I hate this iron, however. It only took me 30 min total and I was back working on my quilt.

However my latest road block is a good one, I had planned in getting in lots of sewing this weekend, however my daughter came home from Iraq on Wednesday and she and her husband are staying with us at the moment and my son came up as well. We have been playing some computer games together and some cards and domino's and cooking together. I've only gotten in a little sewing while the 3 of them link up on a computer game that I don't have. They are here in the room with me though :) :) :)

So glad she is safely home, does she have to go back? Enjoy her while you can, and how nice that your son came too. Good family time!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:34 PM

Thanks Pat8e8, and justwannaquilt. I have enjoyed her being home. I don't want to hijack this thread, but will briefly let you know what's going on. She has been ill. She has a cyst on her tailbone that caused her to run a fever. It was lanced the day after she got home and has been going to the dr daily to have is "repacked", then yesterday evening she broke out in hives and we havn't figured out what is causing that. She's miserable right now. She and her DH are still at our house. They will move into their first apartment on Wednesday. My DD#2 came home on Wednesday, her husband Thursday, they left Friday after lunch. DD#3 got here around 11 pm Friday night and will leave within an hour to go back to San Diego. Next Saturday I am hoping that we will actually have all 4 kids together at the same time down at my MIL's house.

Feathers, tough stuff, I will pray for you and your family.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:38 PM

I will never complain again about not being able to quilt when I want to! Talk about it never rains but it pours??? We will pray for DD & DM, you have my sympathy. My son broke his arm but he's 51 & single. He's a big baby (aren't all men?) & lives about 25 miles from me, seems he found out he needs surgery & we are getting ready to leave for Fl in about 10 days!I'm sure he will want his "Mommy" there. Nothing compared to you, though. Goodluck with all. God Bless.