Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Update on Candlequilter Star Block quilts >

Update on Candlequilter Star Block quilts

Update on Candlequilter Star Block quilts

Old 07-15-2011, 06:36 PM

I sent mine in this week. I too could attempt another block if needed. Let me know what you need.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:50 PM

Not knowing how difficult the block can be to make leaves me wondering what I should do. I don't need the frustration I got from trying and now wish I had never asked for a copy of the block. Life is too short to spend so much time on trying something that just doesn't work for me. I am sorry I couldn't get one sent and will do as you want with the pattern. I am unhappy about not being able to send you a block from your pattern but will send another block that I can make if you want me to. Mary
Old 07-15-2011, 07:01 PM

Candlequilter,
I did send one block. I thought we might be under a time constraint. I wanted to get it to you quickly. I will make more blocks!! Don't get discouraged. I know this board will come thru for you :) Any special request, please let us know.

Nancy
Old 07-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

Oh dear!
Hope that my block made it thru to you .... sent it shortly after the postal workers were back on the job here!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:42 PM

Sherryl, I still have not been able to get the pattern to print the entire pattern on the page. Next time we or Hubby is over at Silverdale maybe we can stop by and pick up a copy of the pattern. I still want to get one done. I don't understand what to do to get the one you sent on e-mail to copy correctly for me. And I have been out of sewing mode lately. Still don't have the bumper pads and skirt done for the new grandson. Got to get on that as he might start scooting around in his bed soon.
I want to do your block though just to prove that I am capable of getting her done! I have sure seen some pretty ones coming on here though.
Linda
Old 07-15-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
Originally Posted by ksea
Candlequilter, I am sorry to say that after 5 attempts and even following your tute I still cannot complete a block with your pattern. I know that I promised a block in exchange for the pattern, so I will send you a block, done in a different patten and also return the pattern for the Star Block to you. I am sorry for any inconvience that this has caused you.
This is terrible... but I"m relieved to hear someone else had problems.. I have scrapped my block so many times!!! I can't get it to come out... I'm going to try and get some fusible and see if I can make one that way... I just can not get it to come out.. it is either off or will not lay flat... grrrrrrrrr
I'm still trying!@!!I LOVE this pattern.. I really want to learn it.. but It's gotten to the point DGH is threatening me with a bar of soap for my mouth!!! sigh...... don't give up on me!
I"m in the same boat! After several attempts, I can't get it to lay flat...I will send other blocks this week.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:11 PM

I, too am in the same boat. can not get it right. don't know what I am doing wrong. will get it to you as soon as I can- two if I figure it out.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:28 PM

ditto here- I have not forgotten, I promise! can't seem to do it right. Idk how many times I've put something on backwards or it would get a noticeable pucker... sigh. I'm working on my last time constraint project and will be able to spend more time on trying to make this work and get it to you. This def. isn't a good beginner block lol :)
Old 07-15-2011, 09:34 PM

I sent mine yesterday. If you would like, I could make another one, just let me know what colors you need. I would be happy too.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mary M
Not knowing how difficult the block can be to make leaves me wondering what I should do. I don't need the frustration I got from trying and now wish I had never asked for a copy of the block. Life is too short to spend so much time on trying something that just doesn't work for me. I am sorry I couldn't get one sent and will do as you want with the pattern. I am unhappy about not being able to send you a block from your pattern but will send another block that I can make if you want me to. Mary
I am with Mary all the way on this.............I have attempted this pattern five times with NO outcome to send to you- if you would like the pattern returned I can do that........this is toooo frustrating to continue with....I did not know the pattern was a difficult one.