Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Update on Candlequilter Star Block quilts >

Update on Candlequilter Star Block quilts

Update on Candlequilter Star Block quilts

Old 07-16-2011, 10:32 AM

I think it is a very beautiful block and would love to make one if I had the pattern. Where do I get it and where would I send it when finished?

Yes, what she said [above]. If you're still sharing the pattern, I'd like to give it a try.
What colors?
Old 07-16-2011, 10:40 AM

I never asked for the pattern, but if you like, I can send you a block. I would need the pattern. I love doing things for charity. My email is [email protected]. I can work on it on Monday.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:53 AM

Dear Candlequilter,

Thank you so much for sending the pattern. I am sorry I have not been able to send a block yet - I do intend to do so toward the end of August. Between my work travel schedule caused by closing one of our facilities, vacation to see grandson, caring for my 91 yr old father, re-doing my kitchen (without a kitchen right now) and a wedding reception at my home scheduled for 8/13, I am a little over committed. Please be patient til near the end of August.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:42 AM

I am also pink-faced. So far we have gone through 2 printers, 4 hours on the phone talking with Manila (wherever that is) trying to fix it, $100 in computer repairs, only to be told that our motherboard is dying. Not an expense that we want to take on at this time.
Will send a block...please be patient. I also believe strongly in helping others.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by fidgety
as for my block... I have had one heck of time trying to get one made.. between my doctor apts and my brothers sickness and eventual passing, now I have my grandsons for 3 weeks. I will get you a star block as soon as I can find the time to get one made... sorry for the delay..
So sorry for your loss..prayers to you and your family..
Old 07-16-2011, 12:03 PM

I also sent mine. love joann
Old 07-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Marge L.
Were the blocks supposed to be star blocks? I assumed from you email that it could be any design. I made one yesterday, but if you want, I can make another. Let me know. Marge L.
Thanks for asking. The pattern was sent in exchange for any 12 1/2 block. It does not have to be the Candlequilter Star block but any block you wish to send. I tried very hard to state that each and every time I sent the pattern because I know that the pattern can be time consuming for some. Plus I know how busy everyday life can get. So it has always been for any 12 1/2" block they wish to send. Plus many people like to get patterns to be used or tried later on - so sending any 12 1/2 block helped to eliminate the rush to try this one. Maybe I didn't make that clear enough but I really thought I had.

Thanks for asking again,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Old 07-16-2011, 01:13 PM

Somehow I missed the part about being able to send a substitute block. I will happily make and send another block. :D That will make me feel better! Thanks for making that part known. Hugs and smiles for all.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:27 PM

Candlequilter, I too am having one heck of a time putting the block together. I have all of the pieces done but can't get it to work. I will try again to follow your tute. I havn't forgotten your kindness in posting your free block. I may take it to the Aug. quilt guild meeting and see if more advanced paper piecers can help me. Don't give up on me.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Originally Posted by Marge L.
Were the blocks supposed to be star blocks? I assumed from you email that it could be any design. I made one yesterday, but if you want, I can make another. Let me know. Marge L.
Thanks for asking. The pattern was sent in exchange for any 12 1/2 block. It does not have to be the Candlequilter Star block but any block you wish to send. I tried very hard to state that each and every time I sent the pattern because I know that the pattern can be time consuming for some. Plus I know how busy everyday life can get. So it has always been for any 12 1/2" block they wish to send. Plus many people like to get patterns to be used or tried later on - so sending any 12 1/2 block helped to eliminate the rush to try this one. Maybe I didn't make that clear enough but I really thought I had.

Thanks for asking again,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Cool, I'll have a 12 1/2 block in the mail to you pretty soon then. I very well could have misread (I do that alot) or simply forgotten (I do that alot to lol). Thanks for stating this again for all of us! It was red, white, and blue or fall colors correct?