Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Update on my Walmart Trip today. >

Update on my Walmart Trip today.

Update on my Walmart Trip today.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:52 AM

very happy for you - even after you go through and eliminate what you dislike or is not up to the quality you want there will be more than enough to make your adventure worth while - you lucky dog... :)
Old 05-01-2011, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by cjomomma
You got all that from Walmart? Ok how did you do that?
It was easy. First we went to Joanns but they were closed. So we drove over to walmart to get the fabric I needed for the border on the Ants go Marching Quilt I am doing. And while I was looking at some fabric, there was an older lady in one of the electric carts looking at fabric and asked me if I sewed and I said yes that I make quilts and she said she had some fabric for $1.00 a yard she was selling and she had quite a bit. So she gave me her phone number and address and I paid for the fabric that I had cut drove ALL THE WAY home (its an hours drive one way) sat here and decided to call her because I had posted on this and some of the people on here said not to wait till saturday and so I called her and she said we could come over so we drive the hour to her house and that is how I got a "great sale at Walmart" lol man if they knew that lady sold me all that fabric IN THEIR store, I bet they would have banned us both for life. LOLOL. I will probably do a lot of it as PIF on here once I get it organized.
Please PM me when you get started selling, Please!!!!!! Kate01
Old 05-04-2011, 07:08 AM

I have found Walmart fabric to be very thin and of lesser quality than from other stores. Be careful. After all your work it would be a shame for it to not wear well. Another suggestion made at our quilt guild is to make provisions in your will for the "tons" of fabric that your family members may not treasure as much as you.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:16 AM

That is amazing! Congrats, and have bunches of fun wuth it!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:26 AM

Can't wait to see what you find, please post. I wonder how much fabric we'll have to get rid of when we can no longer sew, especially if we don't have friends or family that sews.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:41 AM

This is awesome!! I don't think, however, that I would iron all of that. once dried I would smooth it and fold it neatly and store it. Iron only when I was ready to use it. That is a ton of work only to do it all over when you unfold it for use. Perhaps if you have laundry lines you could get those cute picnic table cloth weights and hang it with weights. I bet you woulkd hardly need to iron at all.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:45 AM

Fantastic - you scored - - - Why oh Why can't I come across deals like that - it must be that I HATE shopping except for quilt stuff. So I don't go to the store unless I have to. :)