Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Update on New Project >

Update on New Project

Update on New Project

Old 12-29-2011, 09:08 AM

You're an inspiration! I've been sporadically cutting my scraps into usable building blocks. I just get behinder and behinder because I'm creating more scraps than I'm cutting them into organized pieces. I like how you took a week and just got it done. I will have to do this. I thought I didn't have too many scraps, but while organizing my scraps over my Winter Break I found I have two trash can liners full of scraps!

One thing that I've been doing the last few months is to cut the scraps into useful pieces for every project I am working on before I go to another. I will keep this up and once I've got the trash bags taken care of, I will not have to gather them again!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations. Looks really neat.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:41 AM

Congratulations! Make sure to post what you make with your reclaimed stash.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:52 AM

I took a Scrap Therapy class about 4 years ago and started working on my scraps....pulled them from every room in the house. My husband wanted to know what I was doing as I was watching TV in the evenings. I told him that the scraps I was cutting up cost the same as the yards of fabric and I was creating fabric to use. I keep a listing of the quilts I make and am on Quilt #14.....that's 14 scrap lap quilts that were essentially "free". Since we've been doing so much with 5" squares, my project is going through my stash and cutting out 5" (nickel) squares. I put 20 of them together sometimes in color families, sometimes in fabric type (batiks, baby) and sell each pile for $2 each at my quilt guild's flea market every January. Last year, I just didn't have the time to cut and sort so didn't have a table at the flea market.....people were looking for the packets so this year I found the time to do it again. I make roughly $60-70 each year and the good part is that anything that doesn't sell, I use for projects throughout the year...they're already sorted.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:28 AM

You put me to shame. I must do this. Well done. Love the tee shirt too.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:43 AM

Oh how I wish!!!!!! Think I need an army of fairies to come and do mine!!!!! I so admire your organizing skills!!! Well done!
Old 12-29-2011, 11:34 AM

I love the shirt too. Would love to have one too!!
Originally Posted by JaneH View Post
Very tidy! I really LOVE that T-Shirt in the back. Do you know where they sell those?
Old 12-29-2011, 07:44 PM

I straightened up my quilting room this past summer, now it is a mess because of Christmas projects. I would like to organize the room better but it doesn't have a closet so everything is sitting out and it is the computer room. It is a hassle to vacuum because I have to move everything to one side and get on hands and knees to vacuum under cutting table and computer table. I like the idea of plastic containers with tags on the ends to say what is in them!
Sorry I just needed to vent! I am fortunate that I now have a separate room for quilting and don't have to drag everything out when I want to sew.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:05 AM

Sounds like you get to end the year in a super organized fashion. Congrats and enjoy the new year and your projects too.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:28 AM

What is that bright light coming in the window? Looks familiar, is it warm? Most of my scraps are hanging in bags from the basement ceiling in one corner. Kind of looks like a alien hatchery thing going on. Can't walk in that corner upright.