Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Upgrade to EQ7-- Do I or don't I?? >

Upgrade to EQ7-- Do I or don't I??

Upgrade to EQ7-- Do I or don't I??

Old 06-04-2010, 07:50 PM

Oh yes yes yes.. now that is perfect! I think I'd probably add some sort of a pieced border.. but I can just see that quilt laying on my bed.. beautiful.. I will have to sit down with your download and get it into my EQ6 or EQ7 if it's here in time.. I want to make it next. I love it. Thank you for sharing it with me..

I also wanted to tell you that I love your picture, You have one great smile.. You make me smile everytime I run across something you've posted!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:41 PM

Thank you. After I posted an actual picture of myself, I realized most pictures are not of the sender. However, I left it up anyway. When you get a good picture, you have to take advantage of it.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:50 PM

The reason I like the big center design is that it sets on the top of the queen/king bed and then who even looks at the sides. I have tended to focus on the top and have simple borders. Not always, but often. Here are a couple more quilts without the plain, wide unpieced borders. All these are for queen or queen/king beds.

Armadillo Pudding (a reproduction of an antique Texas quilt for the 1800's)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79606[/ATTACH]

Over in the Meadow (mystery quilt taught by Country Threads, Garner, IA)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79613[/ATTACH]

Eye Popper from book Optical Illusion quilts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79614[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79601.jpe   attachment-79608.jpe   attachment-79609.jpe  
Old 06-04-2010, 09:58 PM

I just love to share my quilts. I hope you won't think I am too braggy if I attach another three.
The outer border of Basket Invaders was machine quilted in black thread by a friend using a large cable pattern.
Batter Up was machine quilted in variegated blue thread in a dragonfly pattern.

Basket Invaders (reproduction of an Amish quilt)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79620[/ATTACH]

Detail of Basket Invaders
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79621[/ATTACH]

Batter Up! (started from strata pieced for a baseball jacket. Hand appliqued the outer edge of the white border down.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79622[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79615.jpe   attachment-79616.jpe   attachment-79617.jpe  
Old 06-04-2010, 10:08 PM

I can't stop. Most of these quilts are stored away until I give another lecture. Well, the last navy and white one is on a bed. As is Over in the Meadow in a previous message.
When my quilting friend Donna Milz died, her mother sold her fabric. I bought most of her black and whites and combined them with mine and made this quilt.
After a friend taught our bee to use the TriRecs tool (which I had purchased, but never used), I made this quilt. It was machine quilted in loops and stars in variegated gold colored cotton thread. To me the angels in the background fabric of the blocks are celebrating the first night the stars were created and placed in the heavens.
Twisted Sisters was made from homespuns using the book Colorado Log Cabin by Eleanor Burns. It was beautifully handquilted using the Methodist or Baptist fan pattern by Irma Sunderman of Clarinda, Iowa in three weeks.

On the Day God First Made the Stars was made using the TriRecs tools.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79569[/ATTACH]

Twisted Sisters Evil Twins was one of two matching quilts made at the same time with a friend.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79576[/ATTACH]

Don't Be so Negative contains scores of black and white prints.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]107327[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79564.jpe   attachment-79571.jpe   attachment-107322.jpe  
Old 06-04-2010, 10:32 PM

One more group, okay?
Halloween prints were used to make this quilt from a pattern by by M'liss Hawley called Georgia Strait.
Can you find the "mistake" on Olive Oil where the group of vehicles took the wrong road and were captured. (Remember Jessica Lynch?) The fabrics in Olive Oil represent oil (black solid), military uniforms (green print..even though I was watching daily, I didn't pick up on their "sand-colored" uniforms) and muslin (troop movements back and forth across the desert).
If you every saw the frightening Twilight Zone show where the couple was trapped on the "miniature train set", you'll know why I built 4 driveways/exits from this housing complex of small "Starter Homes" called Bucktown (My last name is Buck). A green print fabric was used for each house and its yard. I chose the "Evening Star pattern the houses because it looked like a gabled house (to me). Each "concrete" driveway is made from a gray fabric. I considered, but have yet to add, oil spots on some of the driveways. Note that each row of homes are set alternately so that neighbors cannot see easily into windows. An alley separates each row of 8 homes. A total of forty homes are compactly created in this "little piece of suburban heaven." After exiting their driveway, then alley and then the outside street, drivers make their way to one of the four exits and drive over the curb (binding) out of their housing area.

Spooky Night in Georgia features mostly Halloween fabrics. The border is covered with black spider webs.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79626[/ATTACH]

Olive Oil depicts the U.S. troop movements across Iraq in 2003.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79627[/ATTACH]

Starter Homes or Bucktown was based on a quilt I saw in a Galena, IL show.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79628[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79621.jpe   attachment-79622.jpe   attachment-79623.jpe  
Old 06-06-2010, 03:04 AM

You're an inspiration!