Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Using rulers on a frame with a DSM

Using rulers on a frame with a DSM

Has anyone ever used rulers when using their DSM on a frame?

I bought the ruler foot, as my LQS had them at 60% off but when I went to look at the ruler base for using a domestic machine on a frame, it is about $125.00. Plus shipping.

Before I blow that kind of money, has anyone ever done this?

Thanks,

Watson

Blog Entries
    I have a long arm setup. The bed of the machine is about the size of a DSM. I would not even think about using a ruler without the base. Because it's so easy to tip the ruler, it's dangerous to use one without the extension base.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I wouldn't think of it either, Paperprincess, which is why I'm asking if anyone has this set up and it works properly.

The picture doesn't make sense to me.

Watson

You need a base to keep rulers steady on a frame. And to keep from breaking needles, hitting rulers and to get consistent stitches
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

The ruler base is under the quilt and works like a tiny table around your needle which moves with the machine. Yes, they are expensive, as are the longarm rulers.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
    The ruler base is under the quilt and works like a tiny table around your needle which moves with the machine. Yes, they are expensive, as are the longarm rulers.
    They are worth the investment. The learning curve was quick. I onnly have a few rulers, but I think I chose wisely and love using them for certain projects. PM me if you want more specific info.
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali