Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Vacation-suggestions on shops, etc >

Vacation-suggestions on shops, etc

Vacation-suggestions on shops, etc

Old 08-06-2016, 04:27 AM

Just cambe back from a family reuinion in SD (Black Hills)...
Heartsong Quilts in Hot Springs, SD...has Australian aboriginal prints (spent way too much there LOL... 2 shops in Rapid City....google quilt shops in SD...and you'll find a lot...
Originally Posted by beckyboo1 View Post
Hubby and I are leaving MO next week to head up to Yellowstone Natl park. Not sure our exact route yet, but does anyone know of places we should stop? Thinking KS, NE, SD, WY, CO
Thanks!
Old 08-06-2016, 06:17 AM

We just got back from Yellowstone on the 8th of July. There is a cute quilt shop in Story, WY, just south of Sheraton, WY that was featured in the latest issue of Quilt Sampler, called Pinewood Cottage. It is an adorable cottage with a beautifully manicured lawn behind a picket fence. The owner just happened to be there and allowed me to browse even though they were normally closed on the 4th of July.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:52 AM

Best to do a google search as only you will know your route. Quilters Companion is a good source to take along as it is arranged by state and towns.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:48 AM

Go to Row by Row Experience.com and click on the states you will be passing through and they will list all the quilt shops in that state. You can pick which ones to choose from.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:01 AM
mac

Originally Posted by patinpoconos View Post
Go to Quilting Hub. Gives the whole us shops
What a great website. Thanks for the information.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by beckyboo1 View Post
Are most of those shops near KC? I think we'll be heading west on I 70 and when we come back, may come back down through CO
Yes they are Becky--Prairie Points is in Shawnee--which is south of I-70 in the Shawnee Mission Area. If you get off I-70 onto I-435 heading south, then at the Shawnee Mission Parkway/87th St. exit, head back to the east about 2-3 miles, they are in a strip shopping center on the NW corner of Neiman Rd and Shawnee Mission Parkway.(check a map cause you may want to get there via I-635 depending on traffic, timing, etc) If you then head straight west on Shawnee Mission Parkway it turns into K-10 (old highway) or you can go little further south when you hit I-435 to K-10 and then head west to Lawrence, KS--on the way there (about 20 miles from the intersection at most) is exit for Eudora--head north and you'll see Bits & Pieces on the east side of the main street. They specialize in embroidery & twilling on quilts. Then back to K-10 and on to Lawrence--on Mass. Street (main commercial street) is Sarah's Fabrics on the west and directly across the street is another gift/fabric shop, too.

Lil Red Hen in Paola is further south and probably further out of your way than you want to go.

Also, Meadows Quilting in Leavenworth is a possibility--it's in the downtown area and frankly I've never been the driver when we've gone there! Have fun!
Old 08-07-2016, 05:34 AM

If you go through Cody and looking for quilt shops check the one in Cody it is great I try not to go to often as I always spend to much but it is one of the best stores in the area anyway I think so have fun and enjoy your trip I almost forgot to tell the name of the shop is Friends and Company and is located on the Powell highway

Last edited by Dodie; 08-07-2016 at 05:38 AM.