Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Valentine Tea ideas needed >

Valentine Tea ideas needed

Valentine Tea ideas needed

Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 PM

You could do mug rugs. coasters, dinner for sweetheart couple, heart shaped sachet bags. There are so many things you can do for Valentines Day. Maybe a pretty Valentines Cake. If you could get some fresh cranberries during that time, I couldn't here but maybe where you live you could. When my children were small during this time of the year, I would take a bag of fresh cranberries, wash them really well, beat some egg whites, dip the cranberries in the whites, then roll them in granulated sugar. Made a good healthy snack for the kids. Just tart enough and just sweet enough.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:18 PM

Maybe give prizes for best hats, and make felt shaped hearts, red, pink and white for first sec and third prize ribbons. Or use them for the winners of the door prizes. That's what we do now instead of ribbons for our quilt ribbons at the fair. They are made with cloth with felt numbers. sewn on a cloth square, with a safety pin on the back. These are then pinned onto the winning quilts.
You could use pink lemonade or pink punch and get a heart shaped rubber or glass mold and freeze some of the punch and let it float in the center of the punch bowl, I know this is to be a tea, but that would be something different instead of tea, or make hot spiced tea and use some pink lemonade to freeze and let it float.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:20 PM

A friends church does a Tea every year. They access the local college for music (like violin or harp) and to help with set up and cleanup (sororities need to accumulate volunteer community service hours). The menu is always varied...something like chicken salad sandwich and green salad and tea of course. The table is set with borrowed go china (the variety is stunning.)
Old 12-01-2010, 09:25 PM

In keeping with the holiday, how about seeing if anyone has fallen in love or met their intended/husband/wife in England and have them tell their "love story" for Valentine's Day as part of the entertainment? Also, perhaps a bit of a talk on the history of "courting" in England? As a door prize perhaps hankies made with some pretty lace? Or potpourri filled heart shaped lace to hang in a closet?

Hope this helps! Sue

Originally Posted by Julianna
WOW! Wonderful ideas already! My son is a professor in London and I have been to high teas, cream teas, afternoon teas etc. High means a meal like our supper, cream is just desert, our library in between with finger foods. My friend lived in England for 15 years and is a wealth of information. This is open only to adults, we have 20 tables each decorated with tablecloths, dishes, centerpiece by individuals, take photos, all food donated, ticket sales benefit the library, we dress up with some hats (especially the Red Hat group!) and have a great time. Our entertainment last year was a visitor from England and I told stories of my trips and our English, Irish and Scottish foreign exchange students. Wish I could invite you all. Keep those ideas coming. I will shop the after Christmas sales for heart ornaments too.