Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: very excited!

I make quilted totes for friends and family and needed of all things,,,,,,sea turtles... I just knew I would not ever findfabric with sea turtles on them. Typed it in and ..........wow....found lots of it. Was doing the happy dance all overf the house. grand sons wife loved it.....

I get very excited just to buy fabric for my "someday" stash. It must be very exciting to find something you love and know exactly how you'll use it.

I am sooooooo happy!!!!! Fabric came in the mail today. I was hopeing that it would be but figured that it should get here by Saturday. Yeah!!!!!!! Already cut off the amount I think that I will need and folded and put away the other three yards. Now to bleed test it and starch then as soon as I finish piecing a baby quilt I am working on then I get to finish my dds quilt. So excited.
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

Blog Entries
    Good for you, that would make me happy also.
    Mary

Not at all wierd! I tell hubby that fabric is my "drug of choice." LOL! It sure makes me happy, especially when I find just the right one.

You are among fellow junkies, it's okay. I love the feeling of taking new fabric out of the washer/dryer. I kind of "pet" it as I fold it and put it away (or sometimes go straight to the cutting table with it). Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    I'd go for it. Call them and tell them you'll take what they have. And if you dont have room for it, I'm sure I'll find a crack or corner to put it in(ha-ha).. Don-isewman

Yes, I get very excited about fabric too. Especially if it is on sale or I am at the end of a bolt and they ask if I want the rest for a percentage off; of course I do!!!♥
    Grannylou

I searched for two years for some Michael Miller "Surfs up" fabric. It is a water print that has baby sea turtles all over it. I finally found it and I fought several yards of it. I made one quilt with it so far all the turtles were fussy cut and I still have the rest of it for "some day" use! I was the happiest girl in the world when I was able to put it in the online cart and it didn't tell me that there actually wasn't any left.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine George View Post
    You're not weird. Fabric is our drug of choice. You just got a big hit! Happy sewing.
    So so true.
    Annie

Dancing a happy dance for / with you. We fabric-aholics totally get it
    Shannon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2