Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Viking megaquilter inspira frame stitch regulator

Viking megaquilter inspira frame stitch regulator

I am new to the Quilting Board and this is my first post. I have recently purchased a Viking Mega Quilter with the 18 neck and an inspira frame, but there is not a stitch regulator with the machine. Can anyone recommend a stitch regulator that works well with this combination?

You can learn to be the stitch regulator yourself.... My longarm doesn't have a SR either, but after some practice your hands get good at coordinating speed and movement. Lots of people work without them.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I know nothing about LAs.

Welcome to this wonderful board.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I have one! The lnspira frame l purchased used came with all that, but the lady kept the machine. I use a Bailey in the frame. I would gladly just give it to you, as it is of no use to me. The handles of the frame have the dial & stop button on it...does yours?

Blog Entries
    I had the same setup. It's a rebranded Tin Lizzie 18, so you can check their website. Mine had the stitch regulator, but they were notorious for problems. I was never able to get it to work and basically followed Sewbizgirl's advice. I just learned to stitch without it. It's not that difficult. I eventually traded it in for a HandiQuilter with a stitch regulator, and have that option turned off half the time.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Not sure it works with an 18" neck, but I have the smaller Viking Mega Quilter and have the Grace Stitch Regulator and it works well.

Watson

I had the Grace stitch regulator on a mid size throat machine and it worked well.
    A husband is the perfect confidant to tell your secrets to - he can't reveal them to anyone else because he wasn't really listening when you told him!