Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Vintage Sewing Machine Parts >

Vintage Sewing Machine Parts

Vintage Sewing Machine Parts

Old 04-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gailthecla
I am lookig for needles, bobbins and shuttle for a damascus treadle sewing machine. Do you have any? Also do you know how to find the model number on this machine or date of it?
I do not have much for the Damascus machines just the Singers mainly. But you never know what I have laying around here. The needle that you need is a Boye 14 and the shuttle is a Boye 13.

I have some "14" needles but they are for my Eldredge. I can do some measurements and see if I have any industrial needles that will work.

Billy
Old 04-25-2011, 08:57 PM

Is there anyway of finding a motor for a SuperNova Necchi? I love the machine and I really hate to get rid of it. :)
Old 04-25-2011, 09:07 PM

Billy
Have a question for you. Are there any special needles that need to be used for a FW, or will the 20's work? I haven't seen any in the places I have looked around here, that say anything about FW's on them. Just thought I would ask. I haven't used mine all that much sice I bought it, but I want to really start using it for my quilting club meetings, and have been hestitant, because I don't want to be in the middle of a project and need a new needle. I haven't checked with FW RX or out on the net, just thought I would check with you, knowing that if anyone knows you will. Thanks Gerbie
Old 04-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gerbie
Billy
Have a question for you. Are there any special needles that need to be used for a FW, or will the 20's work? I haven't seen any in the places I have looked around here, that say anything about FW's on them. Just thought I would ask. I haven't used mine all that much sice I bought it, but I want to really start using it for my quilting club meetings, and have been hestitant, because I don't want to be in the middle of a project and need a new needle. I haven't checked with FW RX or out on the net, just thought I would check with you, knowing that if anyone knows you will. Thanks Gerbie
Just use the standard 15x1 needles that you can find at any fabric store and Walmart.

Billy
Old 05-20-2011, 05:21 PM

YIPPEEE---
needles, belts, feet and attachments, and all the other stuff mentioned above! Light bulbs and covers, too!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:07 AM

I would like to have a 1/4 foot for my singer 221
Old 08-14-2011, 11:19 AM

Great idea. I suspect that you will do well with this. I expect I will be PMing you soon for parts for my red eye
Old 08-26-2011, 08:25 PM

Frustrated trying to find where to post pic of vintage so I can ID a Singer which needs a bobbin holder and metal cover for the bobbin --Have 3 --"new" vintage I am trying to get info on-want to post pics for help. I may have some extra parts too . thanks

quote=Lostn51]This is just an announcement to let you guys know that it looks like I am going into the parts business. I know there are a lot of you that are doing so well with my tutorials and are refurbishing your machines but are still needing parts for them.

I normally have lots of parts laying around that I normally use for my service work but this is something that someone and I came up with and I think it might do well. I would of course supply for all makes of vintage sewing machines but what would you guys like to see in a parts house? What are your most wanted items.

Lets put our heads together and just see what the perfect parts store would carry and I can use this for the basis of being able to provide for my customers.

Oh and I know that new vintage sewing machines are high on the list but I am not sure my suppliers can get those for me maybe the new model 15's...... ;)

Billy[/quote]
Old 09-06-2011, 01:51 PM

I need a belt (or 2) for a Singer model 128 from 1919.....help....thanks......js
Old 09-06-2011, 02:49 PM

Maybe you can help me. I need the control foot and cord for Kenmore model 158-01792080. Any help would be appreciated. You can PM or I will watch the board.
Thanks,
Jean