Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting anyone?? To hot to play outside. >

Virtual Quilting anyone?? To hot to play outside.

Virtual Quilting anyone?? To hot to play outside.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:26 PM

Well had a pretty productive day...stash is organized to make it usable! Scrap box is ready to be cut down, with the first batch pressed to do so..Almost done quilting a Minnie Mouse baby quilt!! Got all the things I need to work this week on projects!! Tomorrow my daughter and 3 of her 6 kids are going to be here. I have 3 quilts done for her to take home for her oldest 3!! We are going to make pillow case dresses for the 3 yr old twins!! Soon I will be working on the quilts for her other 3!! Also have to prep work to take on the road for a 3 day trip to my son's house to visit 2 of the other grands!! Busy week ahead!!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:36 PM

Would love to see your Minnie mouse quilt!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:41 PM

Very nice! I love the white with it. Hope you can get more of the same!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:56 PM

Absolutely LOVE those Butterflies!!! Where did you find the pattern for them???? Love their simplicity and the colors you used on them ... beautiful quilt!!!

jody
Old 08-05-2012, 02:58 AM

I bought the butterflies at a antique shop several years a go. All different sizes that were made with feedsacks. I had no idea what I was going to do with them. They sat in a box for along time. I was bored looking for something to make with out buying fabric. So I used scraps to make the border. Then I decided I needed white strips to make them all go together. Bought it, then my husband said why don't you just make white blocks like one we show on this board. that is how my problem and fabric shopping spree began...18 yards of extra fabric now LOL
Old 08-05-2012, 03:00 AM

Its going to be a muggy, rainy Sunday. Yah...putting the AC on and its another quilting day!!! Hope today goes better than yesterday.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:26 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]353607[/ATTACH]Making good progress this morning. Three more rows to go then a border
Attached Thumbnails 112_3827.jpg  
Old 08-05-2012, 06:08 AM

I have been dying to sew all summer but it was not to be. MY machine's foot pedal died and it took a couple of weeks for the replacement to come in. Then when I got the machine back I went to sew and it was making a sound that was not there when I took it in. Then I couldn't take it in since they were moving the store. The new store is open but they don't know when he will get to it. I then go away on vacation in 10 days. i Have been using the time to clean things out, throw some things out and cut myfabrics into strips so when the machine comes back I can get started.

The worst part was I had picked out a pattern to use with some of my strips, then I found some white squares the exact size I needed to work on this pattern and then I was all set to sew when it made this funny noise.

I hope the last week in Aug is quiet before I go back to school so I can get some things done.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:57 AM

Well i finished sewing all the blocks, strips together. I just measured. 52x92 so thinking a 6 inch strip border would be the perfect size.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:12 AM

Beautiful Carol!! I had a few errands to do before my daughter and some of the grandkids get here. Have a few hours now to hopefully finish hand quilting the baby quilt I have been working on. Then I want to use the leftover squares to make a bib and a few burpers to go with it. When my DD gets here she wants to make pillowcase dresses for her twins, so hoping to be able to get to prepping scraps too today! It's a lot on my plate but if I make my to do list short, I procrastinate..this way I push to get more done..