Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend—Nov 25-28, 2021 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend—Nov 25-28, 2021

Virtual Quilting Weekend—Nov 25-28, 2021

Old 11-25-2021, 10:34 AM

Good morning from Arizona, and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Easy Thanksgiving day for us, and not much kitchen time for me! My oldest daughter works at a bakery/cafe so she will bring the Parker House rolls, stuffing and a pumpkin pie. All I will have to do is get the turkey in the oven and decide on what kind of potatoes to make. We’ll get to Skype with my youngest daughter, son-in-law and grandson later today.

Sewing goals for this VQW are to finish making the 6” stars for the Unity border and get those borders attached. That should keep me busy for a while. And I do need to finish quilting Artemis’s baby quilt.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:56 AM

Happy Thanksgiving, friends!

I'm in for a virtual quilting weekend! Our girls came down with a stomach bug, so we have postponed our big Thanksgiving celebration for Saturday. This morning I made two Christmas ornament balls and just need to finish them up with the hot glue gun and some ribbon. I also have some blocks for a BOW to catch up on. Hoping to make some good progress!

Friday I will be cleaning and cooking for our guests on Saturday, but I would love to squeeze in some sewing time.
Attached Thumbnails img_20211125_125150516.jpg  
Old 11-25-2021, 11:04 AM

Checking in, the bbq beef is made and the beef stew the water has been added and it is heating up so I have a few minutes. We bought a huge package of "Special Trim" at the restaurant supply store, great deal but is requires a bit of prep and a lot of slow cooking. Each of these batches was 2-4 pounds and we put a large 5+ package in freezer.

Hubby is watching his football game and that reminded me -- Aunt Debbie got her surprise quilt and is a very happy/surprised U Michigan fan. Just in time, the big game with Ohio State is Saturday. We are hoping the quilt brings luck -- are prepared for its consoling embrace!
Old 11-25-2021, 11:26 AM

I'm working on some zigzag place mats for my oldest sister. It's getting there! ....I might have to go fabric shopping too. Hehe.

Old 11-25-2021, 01:02 PM

I am needing to finish stockings. I came to a standstill because my batting was at my sister in laws because we are remodeling. Then I was side tracked doing some mega cleaning projects early this week. I hope to get started tomorrow or Saturday.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:40 PM

logcabin - those are really pretty colors!

Today I got two lap size Christmas quilts quilted up. Have one more to go, still trying to decide if I want to machine embroider snowflakes on it or not.
Old 11-25-2021, 04:41 PM

Big noon meal today at our son’s house was delicious.
Working on a couple of scrap quilts for church giving, so focused on finishing the piecing. I’m into an audio book which holds my attention while sewing.
2 granddaughters want to go shopping tomorrow afternoon and their husbands want to get in a little hunting so I offered to keep the 4 little ones a few hours. I know I won’t be sewing or listening to my book because they’re 6, 3, 2 and 1.
Old 11-25-2021, 06:36 PM

I have requests for boxes of fabric. So I'll be sorting out for their request.

3/4 sewing machines are on their way to Florida with DD & SIL. They got personal passage rather than the moving van.

So I think the rest of the time will be resorting stash and into plastic moving boxes.
Old 11-25-2021, 11:16 PM

Sadly, my vertigo has taken a turn for the worse. While I was taking a nap earlier, my left ear partially closed and I am now in a somewhat constant state of near dizziness.

Fiance is heading to the village later, he's going to prop me up in bed with my diamond painting and laptop, so no sewing or moving around much for me until he gets home on Sunday. Can't believe it's an ear infection, I haven't had one in years. I'm completely bummed.
Old 11-26-2021, 04:21 AM

I have this crazy idea - a jelly roll race BUT- 1) at the 2 strip stage insert some of these scrap 4 patches and then-2)n at the 8 strip stage cut into 60" strips lay them out to balance colors. 3) Perhaps add a plain sashing strip between 4)-border.

I have a moda scrap bag of 30 - 30" jelly roll strips and (as with everyone) more scraps I can add.

I'm also making piles to I will have all my lights, then darks , the medium to try and distribute around the final product. I've made one other jelly roll and was not happy how the colors bunched up.

Let's see how this goes...

Last edited by Rff1010; 11-26-2021 at 04:38 AM.