Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/19 to 12/22

Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/19 to 12/22

Well, this weekend is the last virtual quilting weekend of 2014! Do you still have some Christmas presents to work on? Or maybe you're all finished and would like to make yourself a little something. Whatever you're working on, please feel free to join us for the weekend. For those who haven't participated before, just post what you're working on this weekend and share pictures if you can. We love to see what others are working on. Many of us take inspiration and get additional ideas from these weekends!

I have a couple projects in progress that I'm going to work on. I do need to run to the LQS this morning to pick up my stuffed stocking.

I'll check back in a little while...
    Heather

Ooooh that sounds like so much fun! I do have to run out this morning, to do a couple of things, but I don't really have much planned for the week end. I am working on some very interesting (to me) coasters and shall post a photo. I also have one table topper that needs the rest of the threads pulled in and one runner that needs the quilting finished. I would be thrilled if I could get them all done. And I really have to finish the Babbo Natale for DD's tree. I've cut down the pattern so that it will make a nice ornament but it is fiddly to work with.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Blog Entries
    I would love to join in but I've no project to do this weekend . I will keep coming back as I love watching others great achievements.
    Finished is better than a UFO

I am going to finish part 3 and start part 4 of Bonnie Hunters new mystery quilt.

I am working on a new quilt - way out of my comfort zone so will post pictures later when I have done what I am supposed to do today

Christmas gifts are finished. Have started a snow man quilt that I will be working on, however.

I'm home sick today with a cold but if I feel better I'll probably start sewing. In the meantime I have a top that needs to be marked, which I usually find completely tedious, but is probably suited for my energy level today.
    Fabric just came for some new pillows and those will be my project for this weekend!

Well I completed my king size christmas hexie quilt and now on to a quilt for my 19 month DG. I will post pics of that quilt later but here is my hexie quilt. Not quilted yet but I still put it on my bed during the day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, I am going to hand sew the binding on a small project for DDIL, and then I am going to play on my Tiara all weekend! I have a table runner (for me) all basted and ready to go. After that, I will work on a looooong table runner for a friends's B&B island. It is WOF wide and 12 feet long. She didn't want it pieced so it is just one fabric on top and another on the bottom - reversible - so the fun will be the FMQ. Touch base later! Have fun all!

I finished this top this week and the back is pieced. I have to order a batt and I'm going to wait until the first of the year to get the batting to finish it.

Name:  pink.jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  52.3 KB

Looking forward to seeing everyone's projects... I want to finish clue #2 on the Quiltville mystery & start on clue #3...BUT... I also want to make 4 I spy type placemats with chalkboard fabric insert...we'll see if I get to them Off to aquafit first and will check back in later, have a great day!

I finished a tote bag yesterday, wrapped it and mailed it out. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of it. This weekend I'm starting yet another gray and white baby quilt. What is it with everyone wanting gray baby quilts.
    Lori

I started a new quilt yesterday and am hoping to make progress on it this weekend. Will post some photos when I get some more done. Good luck everyone!

Hope you feel better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca_S View Post
    I'm home sick today with a cold but if I feel better I'll probably start sewing. In the meantime I have a top that needs to be marked, which I usually find completely tedious, but is probably suited for my energy level today.
    Fabric just came for some new pillows and those will be my project for this weekend!
    Heather

Your hexie quilt looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by tucsonquilter View Post
    Well I completed my king size christmas hexie quilt and now on to a quilt for my 19 month DG. I will post pics of that quilt later but here is my hexie quilt. Not quilted yet but I still put it on my bed during the day.
    Heather

That is a gorgeous quilt top - not surprised you want to displayed it. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tucsonquilter View Post
    Your hexie is beautiful. What a treasure for your DGD.

I am greatly hoping to get to my sewing machine this weekend quilting a few things and finishing up some doll clothes for the 18" doll we are giving to my DGD. It will be so fun to see her open her present.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

This is a good day for sewing in.) It's raining here .... and a bit chilly. I'm working on hand stitching a binding on the prayer quilt that I am trying to finish for a friend who is in chemo. Not sure about the rest of the weekend.
    One step at a time, always forward.

I might get a chance to join in this weekend. I have to finish 1 more customer quilt for Christmas (promised to deliver it on Sunday). But after that's done, I should have some quilting time. Hoping to finish up my current project. Will post a photo later, once I create one that doesn't break the board rules with my watermark.

First project done! Book bag for DDIL.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great bag - I like that the handles go all the way to bottom of bag; makes it much sturdier. I have got the first row of my quilt done but it is bedtime here now so I will take photo tomorrow and log in to see what you are all up to.
    Night
    MagaQuilt

Well I will be packing which includes preparing some sewing items to take to work on while at my Mom's house. I think I will try and do the cutting for the BH MQ step 4 and what is left for step 3. But first priority tonight is to finish hand sewing the binding on Christmas present quilt for my Mom.
    Lisa

tusconquilter, your king hexie is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Well, I have a bunch of quilt blocks squared up and ready to assemble in the new year. I made a Christmas skirt to wear to church Sunday. I'm not sure it's a very flattering style on me though so we'll see if I end up actually wearing it or not! My big goal this weekend is to get a QoV top done. I've cut out the pieces and stitched the first set together. Tomorrow is my husband's birthday so I have a few things to do tonight to get ready for that.

Love the tote bag!
    Heather

I will be working on a few schlep bags for Christmas presents on Saturday!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast